• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's been a fun five years, but it's time to move on.

65RoadRacer

Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
It's been a fun five years as Editor of Street Muscle Magazine, but the time has come for me to put my pen away and move on to a position that will better serve my future and keep better, regular hours.

I have given notice as of today, and will continue through June 9th, where I'll leave for my new career, doing similar work, writing car features and helping with new products and some marketing/design.

Street Muscle was my baby, and I watched it grow over the five years, so it will be hard to just walk away altogether. I will likely continue to do some freelance writing, but will not be responsible for content or publishing after the 9th.

I have requested that my Belvedere continue to be a Project car for the site, and that we continue on in the direction we have been going, and I'll be writing most of those articles, I imagine. For everyone who has encouraged me, and those who have read my content and shared your thoughts, I appreciate it all. It's hard to do this because I'm no celebrity, but at the same time I don't want to just walk away and not say anything to the friends I've made here.

So thank you, and wish me luck on this new chapter in my life.

-Michael

It's been a fun five years as Editor of Street Muscle Magazine, but the time has come for me to put my pen away and move on to a position that will better serve my future and keep better, regular hours.

I have given notice as of today, and will continue through June 9th, where I'll leave for my new career, doing similar work, writing car features and helping with new products and some marketing/design.

Street Muscle was my baby, and I watched it grow over the five years, so it will be hard to just walk away altogether. I will likely continue to do some freelance writing, but will not be responsible for content or publishing after the 9th.

I have requested that my Belvedere continue to be a Project car for the site, and that we continue on in the direction we have been going, and I'll be writing most of those articles, I imagine. For everyone who has encouraged me, and those who have read my content and shared your thoughts, I appreciate it all. It's hard to do this because I'm no celebrity, but at the same time I don't want to just walk away and not say anything to the friends I've made here.

So thank you, and wish me luck on this new chapter in my life.

-Michael
Best Wishes Michael in Your next chapter!

Best of luck and I have always looked forward to your posts and hope for more.

420!

upload_2017-5-23_23-55-32.png

Change when it's your choice is normally a good thing - all the best to you and your family with your new career.

So awesome to be a writer, something I wanted to do and have had articles published in various industry magazines. I had to keep my day job which is a form of being Jimmy Olson cub reporter. I wrote a book and received around 6 bucks in royalties last year! A noble profession - good luck in your new position. Ron

Thanks for all you have given us Mike.Please stay in touch here.

Thanks for the words everyone. I'll stick around here as there are still some surprises coming up with the Belvedere. I've asked them to let the Belvedere remain a project car for a while, and I'll still do some install articles on a freelance basis with them, so there will be more to come. I also still need to get out to Willow Springs with the new suspension to test it out, so I'll be around for a while yet.

Thanks!

-Michael

Sorry to hear the bad news. My advice to you? Get your a$$ out of that f%&$ed up state while you still can! Good Luck with your future and survival in that cesspool swamp of a state!

Thanks Michael/65Roadracer for sharing I'll miss your articles/writing,
I hope you can still contribute, I do enjoy the newsletters...

Good luck with the new job/career...

Glad to hear you're staying with US here too...:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back