• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's console not counsel

What if my lawyer is sitting between the front seats?

That would be paranoid.

- - - Updated - - -

It is hard to fight. I was also in the military 10 years, and worked in a very high security field for another 10 years, and now sell Real estate. it is disturbing that so many people had such a poor education. I just try to move on, and encourage them to get better.

That is my intention. After reading this nobody should be confused anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

it can be and usually is worse for me when people insist on calling their sure grip a posi , after they just did a frame-off resto on their uni-body

I prefer to be corrected; some prefer to remain ignorant. As many have said this forum is informative.

As it says in Proverbs 17:10 A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for posting that. I was thinking the same thing. You guys that want to be critical of it on this board, go for it. Maybe critiquing grammar is your thing. Hey everyone needs a hobby. My applause to all you gallant warriors of words and wisdom. If by me blowing it off is leading to the slow death and degradation of the English language, my apologies to all. Buy hey, look at the bright side....I spend my time restoring mopars from degradation and slow death, so in my book I figure we're all square.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not criticizing anyone. If I mispronounce something and you correct me I'm better for it. Criticism means to diminish not build up.

Sorry for the use of counsel versus console. Several of your replies were correct, it was a spell check issue as I do not have use of my hands for the next 6 weeks and have been using a speech activated program. With the down time, I thought I would try and research info for planned projects. So again, sorry to all the Etymologists. Typed by wife this time so as not to start another fascinating thread.

Hello Packy,

Welcome to the FBBO. I'm sure if everyone knew prior of the limits you working under, the response would have been different. It goes to show, don't assume anything. Sorry in advance!

I'm one who didn't do very well in school and only did well in classes that interested me and that wasn't very many....but, over the years I saw my short fall and taught myself to do better just because it made ME feel better. I'm still pretty crappy at sentence structure but my speeeeling has become much better. I dunno.....if you can't speeeeeel simple words and do simple math, that's either a failure of the schools or the student or both. Being laughed at behind your back can be hurtful to and I've been the recipient of that more than I care to talk about (but I don't give a crap anymore) and have seen others laughing at others on the job. Machinists laughing at other machinists is an oxymoron to me but there sure are a lot of machinists that can't speeeeel that word. Also, when you see foren folks who speeeel and talk gooder English than natural born Amedicans is over the top mon. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the use of counsel versus console. Several of your replies were correct, it was a spell check issue as I do not have use of my hands for the next 6 weeks and have been using a speech activated program. With the down time, I thought I would try and research info for planned projects. So again, sorry to all the Etymologists. Typed by wife this time so as not to start another fascinating thread.
Dang man, what happened?? If you don't mind me askin.....

I think I do pretty well, but I'm married to an English major that can not only correct me, she knows the meaning of words I HAVE NEVER heard before! I love that Woman!

I think I do pretty well, but I'm married to an English major that can not only correct me, she knows the meaning of words I HAVE NEVER heard before! I love that Woman!
I can only imagine what that might be like lol. My youngest comes up with some strange words and I think she tries to make me look dumb but man, some of the things she does just plain cracks me up. She might be class room educated but life experience trumps that a lot lol.

I can only imagine what that might be like lol. My youngest comes up with some strange words and I think she tries to make me look dumb but man, some of the things she does just plain cracks me up. She might be class room educated but life experience trumps that a lot lol.

Love your kids, they will do right by you in the end. When I was 22 or so, I was goofy too!

it can be and usually is worse for me when people insist on calling their sure grip a posi , after they just did a frame-off resto on their uni-body
Sort of like when people get confused and call a torque shaft a 'z-bar', like it was some sort of Camaro part.

I too get frustrated at the bad grammar and spelling mistakes on any forum or email etc. I am not perfect and make my share of mistakes but I try hard not too and when I do it bothers me.
I use spell check and also proof read most of what I type. I am dyslexic so it's even harder for me as I make so many mistakes when typing that I have to correct at the end before I post.
Everyone should care enough how they look to others when communicating in any language or form of correspondence. It especially frustrates me when I hear words mispronounced or spoken incorrectly or phrases and bad grammar used as in the urban culture like "up in here" or "axe him her etc" or "you diddunt" or "you be" etc. The lack of caring about education and language skills is becoming common and turning this country into a 3rd world country very quickly. We better start learning Chinese if things do not change.

I can use the words correctly, but I come here for practical help and the fact is that many who have the practical knowledge just didn't hang around school very long.

So I don't mind the grammar errors if you don't mind my mopar errors.

Attachments

• DSCF3673.JPG
    DSCF3673.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 105
I can use the words correctly, but I come here for practical help and the fact is that many who have the practical knowledge just didn't hang around school very long.

So I don't mind the grammar errors if you don't mind my mopar errors.
nail on the head right there,thanx.

This was and is still one of my favorite signatures here on FBBO...

It was Tem's (69 Runner). RIP good buddy

Your - belongs to you....You're - You are
Its - Belongs to it....It's - It is
Brake - Slows your car....Break - Falls apart
There - Not here....Their - Not yours....They're - they are
Here - Not there....Hear - To perceive sound
Lose - To not win....Loose - Not tight
Sale - this is FOR SALE....Sell - Going to get rid of
Since - From then till now... Scents - Smells..... Sense - Conscious awareness....Cents - pennies
Dual - two....DUEL - Break out the pistols you've insulted me
GOOGLE is your friend

you'all must hate me !!!!!

you'all must hate me !!!!!

Nah...Not at all Budnicks. I for one enjoy your musings, ramblings and informative insights into this Wide Wide World we live in. You enjoy observation as a way of sharing what you feel and that is what this point is all about. Caring. If we all as a collective body care a little bit more about things and how we might be perceived to others then the progress of learning becomes an infinite possibility. It just opens up so much more to us. Words are the most powerful tools we as Humans have at our disposal. So I submit that if one were to take one word a day from the Dictionary, learn its definition and meaning and then use it, they have increased their vocabulary 10 fold. And therefore become a learned individual.

I guess I am one of those rare individuals that embraces the correct usage of words and sentences, grammar and spelling. I, while in school, was required to take a Foreign language. French and Latin along with Spanish were offered. I chose French and picked up Latin due to the relentless prodding of my Dad. I actually studied French for over 6 years and to this day I am very limited in using it. But my point is that by taking and learning these languages, I was able to develop my skills in writing which I have been told I have a gift for. They allowed me to expand my vocabulary and build upon the foundations they laid. Does that make me any better than the next person? No not at all. It gave me tools that right now as I type this, I can put to use every day. I am the way I am. And when the Bastardization of the English language as it now has become, I get really...:angry1: and extremely disappointed...Again just My 2 Cents...cr8crshr/Tuck

Auto Transport Service
Back