• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's console not counsel

Spelling police

Thank goodness for spell check, I use my American Heritage dictionary allot too, sometimes I'm just lazy to {should be too, as I was told, typo & no proof reading} look it up also... It's kind of tough to find some words, especially if you don't know the 1st 3 letters...LOL... My forte wasn't English classes, let alone any language classes, I actually despised going even, I hated most of the teachers, intolerant spiteful hateful people, for teasing me or laughing at me, about my lack of writing or public speaking too, until I was allot bigger than most all of them, I got little to no respect...LOL... I was into, cars anything with an engine, drawing, carpentry, fabrication, welding, racing, shop classes & mechanical stuff or any other aspects, using my gifted hands & excelled in those areas... While others excelled in writing & grammar... When I graduated HS in 1977, I had little to no interest in writing, let alone ever think, I would have interest &/or do it as much as I do now... I've notice allot of misspelled words & poor punctuation too, but I don't come here for that either, kind of let it pass... Until about 2008 I was not doing much writing at all... I blame the forums for the change... Pryor to that, maybe signing employees checks, notes for jobs/contracts, was about it for 20 years... My secretary wrote/typed it all for me, fortunately, she could read my chicken scratch... My spelling was horrid/horrific, kind of always was, I still struggle today... Unfortunately I was taught to spell, using Phonics & wasn't only corrected if it didn't look phonetically correct, like it sounds... Really stupid thing to do to a whole generation of children... I blame the Progressive teachings from the 60's & 70's Elementary Schools for this plight, that's my excuse, my story & I'm sticking with it... I've struggled with this my whole adult life, old habits are hard to brake... Amazing I got into or thru college at all, let alone graduate with honors, with little to "no", typing, grammar, punctuation or spelling skills... My lack of knowledge using the computer or programs properly or my typing skills, still shows today... Different things, shape people much differently, in many of life's skills... Thank RC/DH for the photo, I found it pretty funny...

Attachments

• Spelling Police damn I did it again.jpg
    Spelling Police damn I did it again.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 116
Thank goodness for spell check, I use my American Heritage dictionary allot too, sometimes I'm just lazy to look it up also... It's kind of tough to find some words, especially if you don't know the 1st 3 letters...LOL... My forte wasn't English classes, let alone any language classes, I actually despised going even, I hated most of the teachers, intolerant spiteful hateful people, for teasing me or laughing at me, about my lack of writing or public speaking too, until I was allot bigger than most all of them, I got little to no respect...LOL... I was into, cars anything with an engine, drawing, carpentry, fabrication, welding, racing, shop classes & mechanical stuff or any other aspects, using my gifted hands & excelled in those areas... While others excelled in writing & grammar... When I graduated HS in 1977, I had little to no interest in writing, let alone ever think, I would have interest &/or do it as much as I do now... I've notice allot of misspelled words & poor punctuation too, but I don't come here for that either, kind of let it pass... Until about 2008 I was not doing much writing at all... I blame the forums for the change... Pryor to that, maybe signing employees checks, notes for jobs/contracts, was about it for 20 years... My secretary wrote/typed it all for me, fortunately, she could read my chicken scratch... My spelling was horrid/horrific, kind of always was, I still struggle today... Unfortunately I was taught to spell, using Phonics & wasn't only corrected if it didn't look phonetically correct, like it sounds... Really stupid thing to do to a whole generation of children... I blame the Elementary Schools for this plight, my excuse, my story & I'm sticking with it... Struggled with this my whole adult life, old habits are hard to brake... Amazing I got into or thru college at all, let alone graduate with honors, with little to "no", typing, grammar, punctuation or spelling skills... My lack of knowledge using the computer or programs properly or my typing skills, still shows today... Different things, shape people much differently, in many of life's skills... Thank RC/DH for the photo, I found it pretty funny...

You mean too lazy, not to lazy. Dag nab it! :)

All of you must hate me !

Not in the least, Budnicks. :)

I'm not perfect, so the occasional dropped comma or misspelled word will creep in. My grammar isn't always correct either, possibly because I had problems with my English class in school. So I don't really get overly upset when I see some minor errors, and I think that if I pointed them all out I'd be not only a hypocrite but also seem overly stiff.

My real problem is when poorly punctuated sentences and improper wording slows down my reading as I try to grasp the intended meaning. Sometimes I'll see a ten line paragraph that seems to be a long, uninterrupted and pointless jumble and I'll skip it.

Other than that, and particularly if the posting is relative, informative or gives me a chuckle, I'm happy to just keep reading and absorbing.

It's all good is it not my fellow FBBO brethren?????

Last edited:
I am pretty sure we all have our moments with our grammar. I know after a long day or week of work, my brain is mush at times causing my brain and my fingers to fight each other. Some times I catch it, sometimes I don't.
Also found this pic quite appropriate. Sure you Cards fans will love it.
image.jpg

I think the point of all this is that people will make a mistake and misspell a word here and there, that's fine, we are human after all. It's when the whole posts are typed all wrong, missing commas, no capitalization, run on sentences, etc. that just shows a lack of education and just makes the poster look ignorant. That's the way I look at some of the hilljack replies as well as topic questions.

Nobody is being judged. So, calm down.

This is not about spelling or punctuation. This is not about any particular person on this forum.

What it is about is the difference between two words that do not sound alike, are not spelled the same, and have two separate meanings of their own.

Nobody is being judged. So, calm down.

This is not about spelling or punctuation. This is not about any particular person on this forum.

What it is about is the difference between two words that do not sound alike, are not spelled the same, and have two separate meanings of their own.

usually , the posts I tend to skip over , are the ones that

areliketryingtoreadonebigoledangsentenceman

reminds me of this guy

Attachments

• boom.jpg
    boom.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 89
x2. I can't deal with run-on sentences. My granddaughter speaks that way, buy she is only nine years old. and she's a girl.LoL

Auto Transport Service
Back