• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Its out of paint jail!

mpro69rr

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
My 1969 RR is finally back from the body/paint shop after 1 year 3 months! I can't believe it, it came out great! Now the hard work begins!

20210109_144155.jpg
20210109_144214.jpg

20210109_144316.jpg

congrats.......... fast, cheap, or quality........pick one :drinks:

congrats.......... fast, cheap, or quality........pick one :drinks:

Actually it wasn't too bad, it was only $7500 for great quality! He did a lot of stuff for free because he was taking a long time with it. At one point he didn't like how the doors and the body came out painted separate so he repainted with it all together. Real nice guy to work with.

Congratulations! Your 'Runner looks great. Now the real fun starts. I got my '64 Polara back in November after a year in paint jail, thanks to Covid. It is starting to look like a car again.

Yeah Covid put my car back a lot.

Hey! Congrats! We're getting all of the Blue ones out! Now for the fun!

Last edited:
Now get ready for the Wife complaining that you're spending too much
time in the garage!

Looks great. I am redoing my B5 69 RR right now as well. I think we will have twins when they are both done. Do you know if the paint used on yours is PPG Deltron?
Oh, and don't forget to spray some black paint behind the grill area before you start bolting things together.

Auto Transport Service
Back