• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've been watching the Bob Hope USO Christmas Specials...

SteveSS

Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
...that took place during the Vietnam war. They are great especially seeing those huge crowds of soldiers going crazy over Ann Magret and Racquel Welch. One cool part you will like is they were broadcast on television without commercial interruption by the Chrysler Corporation.

I have to admit the Korean Kittens cracked me up. Let it get to at least 45 seconds. That Korean girl has really got soul.

Last edited:
Yep, back when Hollywood Elite showed their appreciation of men and women in the service ...

Bob Hope owned a 70 Challenger R/T and was driven around in an Imperial limousine.

I got to see his show back then. He was beyond belief as an entertainer. I left the show feeling like he was a personal friend

I got to see his show back then. He was beyond belief as an entertainer. I left the show feeling like he was a personal friend
I missed him by 5 days in DaNang in ‘71.

Auto Transport Service
Back