• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive ordered 3 different bleeding screws and none match

Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
I have a 71 satellite and am trying to replace the bleeding screws. The front screws are thicker and fatter compared to the back brakes have more of a skinny long screw. Where can I find these screws? I've ordered from Advanced and Summit. None of them match.

IMG_1656.jpg

Shouldn't be hard to find. O'Reilly's, Rockauto. I ordered one from O'Reilly's for a disk brake '73 and it matched.
The bleeder screw comes with the brake wheel cylinder on drum brakes I do believe.

Shouldn't be hard to find. O'Reilly's, Rockauto. I ordered one from O'Reilly's for a disk brake '73 and it matched.
The bleeder screw comes with the brake wheel cylinder on drum brakes I do believe.
Im having a real tough time finding ones that match mine. Will do some more digging.

Save yourself the headache and order a set of speedbleeders, http://www.showmetheparts.com/Speedbleeder/. Pretty simple, just go to their website and type in your car, it will then give you part numbers of various brakes available, select what you need and it will spit out the speedbleeder part number. I have them on my 73, saves time when bleeding the brakes!

I wish upon a star that all these screws could just be the same size! I've often wondered why there can't just be a standard size.
I've ran into so many different sizes it's made me loose my mind!

One reason why you buy a different caliper/wheel cylinder: the bleeder is seized or it twisted off. The re-builders just drill them out and tap them to the next size (usually metric) and install a bleeder screw from another application. Your bleeder may be anyone of a hand full of different sizes.

Auto Transport Service
Back