• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeep Wrangler 75th Salute Concept Rolls Off Line at Toledo Assembly Complex

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score
75 years ago this week a boxy, lightweight, flat-fendered workhorse rolled off a Toledo, Ohio, Assembly Plant production line and onto the World War II battlefields of Europe. The very first Jeep® vehicle was a true original. It was instantly embraced by military servicemen and women as an indispensable tool in helping win the war. Since then the Jeep brand has gone on to win the hearts of legions of go-anywhere, do-anything enthusiasts across the globe.

On July 15, in tribute to this legendary heritage, history repeated itself in the form of a modern take on the famous Willys MB rolling off a Toledo, Ohio, assembly line, much like the original did more than seven decades ago. It was a very special moment for all involved, and we captured it on video for you to enjoy, too!

Too bad they don't make stripped-down vehicles like that anymore. It would probably save the consumer about 1/2, if they got rid of all the BS.

That was pretty cool. I enjoyed the video. Thx for sharing it.

Cool thanks for sharing...

I'm doing a resto-mod sort of mostly stock, except a few mods,
fuel system stuff, tires wheels, stainless hardware, spare rear tank &
coated headers/exhaust, bit of chrome here & there etc.
to a 68 CJ5 with my neighbor, he's juts learning & using my tools...LOL

frame off nut & bolt every aspect

painted a color based on a 70 Dodge Burnt Orange color too

Auto Transport Service
Back