• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jensen Interceptor - 1965 383 heat riser quest

JasperT

Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 1967 Jensen Interceptor. This has a 383 with casting date Nov 1965. Because of the configuration, it used different exhaust manifolds, namely 2205536 on both sides of the motor.

These castings were used on 1960-64 383's apparently, amongst others.

Now I'm looking to reinstate the heat-riser valve on this manifold, but for the life of me can't figure out what model/type would fit on there. It's not part of the casting, rather a bolt-up flanged heat riser assembly.

Are there any MOPAR guru's out there that can help me piece this puzzle back together? The EU market doesnt know much about MOPAR in general, let alone these old ones, let alone on components that noone uses anymore. However, i'm busy with a nut/bolt restoration to 100% factory original, so really want this to be the right item.

Thanks for your help, the forum is a gem for me and i'm learning loads.

I might be mistaken but I thought all the Jensen's had a 440 in them.

nope, the early MK1 series came with 383. mine is matching numbers with the block, from factory records, so definitly 383

So we are all aligned that there were 383 jensens.. now is there anyone that knows what heat riser valves were used? Maybe?

No ...there were 383 models also.
I think senility is closer than I thought. In actuality. I think my deranged memory may have altered that they were all "Big Blocks"; "B" or "RB"! I promise to punish myself later! :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back