• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jerry Lee won’t be down for breakfast

didn't he marry his 14 yo cousin?

RIP
Lewis's turbulent personal life was hidden from the public until a May 1958 British tour where Ray Berry, a news agency reporter at London's Heathrow Airport (the only journalist present), learned about Lewis' third wife, Myra Gale Brown. She is Lewis's first cousin once removed[32][33] and was 13 years old when they married — though Lewis, who was 22 years old at the time, claimed she was actually 15. The publicity caused an uproar, and the tour was canceled after only three concerts.[34]

R.I.P. another one gone.....

Saw him live 20 years ago in San Jose. Couldn’t understand a word he said, but no one could play piano like him. Even with his feet. Amazing entertainer.

Jerry Lee won't be shakin anymore! RIP Jerry

Lewis's turbulent personal life was hidden from the public until a May 1958 British tour where Ray Berry, a news agency reporter at London's Heathrow Airport (the only journalist present), learned about Lewis' third wife, Myra Gale Brown. She is Lewis's first cousin once removed[32][33] and was 13 years old when they married — though Lewis, who was 22 years old at the time, claimed she was actually 15. The publicity caused an uproar, and the tour was canceled after only three concerts.[34]
I don't think it helped much that he hadn't yet divorced his second wife when he married his cousin. His seventh wife was with him when he died...
R.I.P. !!

Last edited:
R.I.P.

I always tried to see him when he was in Australia. The greatest piano player of all time...
Ken Lovelace, his guitarist of 55 yrs gave this insight of JLL in a recent interview:
- John Lennon asker to see JLL in his dressing room after a show. Lennon walked in, bent down & kissed JLLs feet.
- Elvis [ the real one not the other one ] invited JLL back to his dressing room after a Las Vegas show. There was an upright piano in the room. Elvis asked JLL to play & Elvis just listened....

Also noted:
- he puts his name into almost every song, including songs made famous by others. You can only do that if you are numero uno....

Auto Transport Service
Back