• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jerry Remy won't be down for breakfast

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
Jerry Remy, Red Sox broadcaster and former Boston All-Star, dies at 68 after battle with lung cancer

Remy threw out the first pitch at the AL Wild Card Game earlier this month

gettyimages-13450425811.jpg

Jerry Remy, a longtime player and broadcaster for the Boston Red Sox, died Saturday night following a long battle with lung cancer, the team confirmed. Remy was 68 and would have turned 69 on Nov. 8.

Red Sox owner John Henry released the following statement about Remy's passing:

We are saddened by the loss of a beloved player, broadcaster, and 13-year cancer warrior. Jerry's love and connection to baseball didn't allow anything to stand between the game and him, including for many years cancer. He devoted his entire career to baseball and whether from his seat in the clubhouse or his perch above the field in the broadcast booth, he took generations of rising Red Sox stars and a multitude of fans along for the ride with him. During his lifetime, he witnessed great triumphs and terrible tragedies handling all of it with grace, dignity, and a huge heart. He left an indelible mark on this club and on an entire nation of Red Sox fans.

Remy was first diagnosed with cancer in 2008 and over the years several follow-up scans showed the cancer had returned, most recently in 2018. He stepped away from a broadcast on June 11 this year as a precaution after experiencing a shortness of breath, and on Aug. 4 he announced a leave of absence to undergo cancer treatment.

"A fun person to be around and incredible human being just left us," Red Sox legend David Ortiz said in a statement. "We are going to miss you, brother. Thank you for calling me Big Papi on air -- l will never forget that. Miss you already, Rem Dawg."

Remy's most recent public appearance was earlier this month, when he threw out the ceremonial first pitch to prior to the AL Wild Card Game at Fenway Park on Oct. 5.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...tar-dies-at-68-after-battle-with-lung-cancer/

RIP Jerry! He got to see the curse of the Bambino broken.

R.I.P.

Yeah tough loss. Him and Orisillo was a great team.

Ahhh ****! I always liked the Remdog!

Rest In Peace!

Great guy. RIP RemDog!

RIP indeed. Respect.
Condolences and prayers for the survivors.

R.I.P.

Auto Transport Service
Back