• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JIS Pace Car Build

chtampa

Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
Finally paroled! Bought the car 35 years ago, outlasted wives, dogs, jobs, wisdom teeth and a blown ACL prepping for a Karate Tournament. I figure that was all my punishment for letting her sit. Kept in storage until I turned it over to a paint shop 6 months ago and now it made parole. I am not going to give all the particulars about what is going in/on it just in case I die before it is finished and someone else inherits the tramp. Here is my first date with the harlot just as she is released from prison.

Out-processing:
Body1c.jpg
Body2c.jpg
Body3c.jpg
Body4c.jpg
Body5c.jpg
Body6c.jpg
Body7c.jpg
Body8c.jpg
Body9c.jpg

WOW!!! That is going to be better than perfect!!! Congratulations chtampa!! :thumbsup:

Very very nice can I be in your will :lol::lol:

Too late, got another dog already!

Day 1
Cleaned and installed the body plugs, added butyl rubber on rear quarter extension studs to seal out water, install the tail lights, install Hush Mat to the floor.

Day1a.jpg
Day1b.jpg

She looks really beautiful! Love that color combo! Actually mine is in paint shop right now, and she will be just like yours white with the black stripes!
Gives me a great idea of what she will look like!

Nice car! :)

I see it has a buddy seat.

Can't wait to see this finished! This is going to be one absolutely gorgeous ride!

You responded to my comments on the other thread but it got locked (kind of went off the rails). Anyway, again I just wanted to say excellent job on this car. I did want to comment on your statement about not wanting to brag, it isn't bragging at all, it is educational. I look at a lot of builds on a wide variety of forums and am always looking for something new that I haven't thought of. When I am posting something about a car I am building or making, I always think that there is someone out there with less experience or imagination and I try to post good pictures and explain what and why I am doing it. Not everyone likes or appreciates everything someone else is doing, but invariably there will be someone who says "I am using that". Anyway,great job, very clean.

Thanks all. I haven't posted anything in a while but it is almost finished. The lettering was changed because we found some more current newspaper articles from the track. It now has the amber lights on the windshield frame and the caution flag mounts installed under the rear bumper and the Flag stand in the back seat. I have a friend working on me to go to Darlington Speedway for a retro car race they have every year.

You responded to my comments on the other thread but it got locked (kind of went off the rails). Anyway, again I just wanted to say excellent job on this car. I did want to comment on your statement about not wanting to brag, it isn't bragging at all, it is educational. I look at a lot of builds on a wide variety of forums and am always looking for something new that I haven't thought of. When I am posting something about a car I am building or making, I always think that there is someone out there with less experience or imagination and I try to post good pictures and explain what and why I am doing it. Not everyone likes or appreciates everything someone else is doing, but invariably there will be someone who says "I am using that". Anyway,great job, very clean.
It has been a epic saga. Engine has been out twice and everything else has been redone 2-3 times. I look at something for days trying to decide if a modern part should be different to look retro.

DSCN1412.JPG
DSCN1414.JPG
DSCN1415.JPG
DSCN1416.JPG

DSCN1412.JPG DSCN1415.JPG DSCN1416.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back