• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Sanderson Bio

Local time
2:28 PM
Reaction score
Just figured out to do this...
I am a long time Mopar enthusiast, starting with an old school '32 Plymouth roadster, in 1965, rebuilt and made to the NSRA Detroit Nats in '72. Took a year and $1500, to really finish it. It had a '57 Caddy engine, was made from a coupe and appeared in Hot Rod magazine in coverage of the Detroit Autorama in 1976. Sold it to buy a house. Then, I got a '32 Dodge Merchants Express 1/2T Panel. Still waiting to get worked on... Bought a '33 Plymouth coupe with an A motor, rebuilt it and improved a lot of stuff, while driving it for the next 12 years. Had an idiot run over the LF fender while parked in a show, with his Suburban. Should have sold it, but ended up redoing the entire body and building a new chassis with Kugel front suspension and a Vette rear. Still in progress, due to professional incompetent body work. Along the way, I acquired a '71 Gremlin styling buck, 2 rare Fiat 500 Topolinos and also owned a great, '65 Plymouth Fury, 2 door HT. I currently have a 22k mile, '79 300 from AZ, that is slowly going back together, after redoing the paint and leather interior.
I worked in Chrysler Design for 18 years during the golden age of Tom Gale design and concept cars. I drove Mopar convertibles since 1988 starting with a Dodge 600, several LeBarons, a PT, and numerous Sebrings. Still have a low mileage 2012 Sebring(200) retractable HT.
At this point in my life, I am hustling to complete projects and eliminate extraneous stuff I won't need. So I will be on here more! Looking forward to it. Appears to be a good site!

Chrysler300_8-19-09_2795.jpg CoupeMeadowbrook2-4x6x300.jpg 1931Dodge_Panel UK-2x4x133dpi.jpg 78-Rdstr-AutoramaTrophy_1-76b.jpg PTcruiser&Gail4-9-08_2284.jpg 01Sebring70-300x4.jpg 2012 Chrysler200_202434.jpg

Welcome from Michigan the Motor City! Nice pictures, always welcome. 440'

Welcome from South East PA!

Looks like you have had, and still have, some neat Mopars! More pictures of all are always welcome!

Welcome from Georgia.

Where did you find leather to reupholster the bucket seats in the '79 300?

Welcome aboard from NJ and thanks for posting the pictures. Excellent collection of vehicles. Nice work!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Welcome from Georgia.

Where did you find leather to reupholster the bucket seats in the '79 300?
I contacted a friend who worked in the Color & Mastering studio. She left and went to Eagle Ottawa Leather Co., who supplied the leather originally. I got 4 giant dyed hides. Did the entire seats- seat surfaces, side, backs, bottoms, for a FULL leather interior. Still have one left, considering doing fitted luggage. Also have the original covers that all except the drivers bottom wee in good shape. If you need something, let me know at OldCarMan at comcast.net

Keepin it in the family.

Nice.

Me too.

Welcome from Jersey, would love to see some pictures of your 33'.

Auto Transport Service
Back