• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Through Hemiland

adrianp

Local time
10:48 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone have any recent experience getting a copy of "Journey Through Hemiland - The 426 Hemi, Altered Wheelbase Mopars in 1965" by Pete Haldiman ? The last way I've seen to get a hold of it are about 15 years old so just wanted to know if that was still the right way to go about it.

https://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-journey-hemiland-65awb.html

thanks,

adrian.

Looked on ebay nada. Met Pete at a couple of NeHOA meets, nice guy. He was president of NHOA. Printed an article about the process of torqueing Hemi crossram intake bolts which I belabor to people who use them. Unfortunately it came out months after a friend had a bolt loosen on his crossram and it almost went into cylinder. Had to pull a head and cleanup a valve seat.

I do know Pete sold pretty much all of his collection & moved from Colorado to I think Kaliforny about 6-7 years ago.

I do know Pete sold pretty much all of his collection & moved from Colorado to I think Kaliforny about 6-7 years ago.

Cheers for that - I was going to take a chance and send the money anyway - think I might hold off now :)

Anyway, if anyone does have one and is willing to part with it let me know, until then just might have to keep an eye on eBay !

adrian.

I got a copy of it when I bought a couple of his cars a few years ago that I could probably take to kinko's & have them make a exact duplitcate but I'm sure it won't be cheap to do & have it shipped.

I got a copy of it when I bought a couple of his cars a few years ago that I could probably take to kinko's & have them make a exact duplitcate but I'm sure it won't be cheap to do & have it shipped.

Thanks, that's a kind offer. If you could PM me just a rough cost to cover printing, shipping and your efforts we can take it from there ? I'd be fine with just USPS shipping.

That is unless they can scan and email - that might be cheaper :)

adrian.

If it's copyrighted they probably won't touch it, worth a try. J head for the copier. Try to have copyrighted plans enlarged a no go.

Thanks, that's a kind offer. If you could PM me just a rough cost to cover printing, shipping and your efforts we can take it from there ? I'd be fine with just USPS shipping.

That is unless they can scan and email - that might be cheaper :)

adrian.
The last time I had a correct looking copy made of this was probably 5-6 years ago & it was over $25 for just one which I'm sure it's probably more now & then add in shipping..

The last time I had a correct looking copy made of this was probably 5-6 years ago & it was over $25 for just one which I'm sure it's probably more now & then add in shipping..

I can deal with that even if copying is a little more. If you can post to Florida I have a company that can take it from there and ship it back to the UK.

adrian.

I'll let you know this week, I don't know what your hoping to find in this book but it's not that good of a read but probably Better than jim schild toilet paper reading material.

Thanks - appreciate it. I have Jim's book too. Just putting together an A/FX car and was after some reference material - Both Jim's book and this one are mentioned in various build threads when others have done A/FX cars so just wanted to see what they have to say on the subject.

adrian.

Auto Transport Service
Back