• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jscan for modern Mopars

ESOXER

Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
So I got the OB2 plugin for my Jeep and purchased this app to change tire size on my JK, this has a lot of cool features for 20$ for modern Mopars, vs the expensive scanners. Thought I'd put this out there for you guys. If you get the app you can see what's offered before you buy, all changes I did were from my phone.
JScan – OBD JScan – Mobile Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge Diagnostic Tool

So I got the OB2 plugin for my Jeep and purchased this app to change tire size on my JK, this has a lot of cool features for 20$ for modern Mopars, vs the expensive scanners. Thought I'd put this out there for you guys. If you get the app you can see what's offered before you buy, all changes I did were from my phone.
JScan – OBD JScan – Mobile Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge Diagnostic Tool

Do you know if you can turn off that damn 3 horn honk when you close the driver door when it's running and fob is in your pocket? My Ram does that and it bugs the ever-living **** out of me. I know the Tazer DT will take care of that annoyance, but at $400, it's non-starter for me.

Do you know if you can turn off that damn 3 horn honk when you close the driver door when it's running and fob is in your pocket? My Ram does that and it bugs the ever-living **** out of me. I know the Tazer DT will take care of that annoyance, but at $400, it's non-starter for me.
Yeah you should be able to, hell I can customize the brightness and location on my DRLs, turned the horn off when I lock the doors on JK so I'd think so.

Yeah you should be able to, hell I can customize the brightness and location on my DRLs, turned the horn off when I lock the doors on JK so I'd think so.
That's usually in the 'customer preferences' that can be changed. A lot of times it's in the radio under the settings tab, locks or lights.

I am with you there. I need to ask around and see if I can make it go away on all our cars. I hate it and it's new for 22 and up. My 21 didn't do it. Or, it is a dealer changeable thing and it was turned on this time. If I get a free minute, I'll nose around with WiTech and see if I can figure it out and post up here.

I am with you there. I need to ask around and see if I can make it go away on all our cars. I hate it and it's new for 22 and up. My 21 didn't do it. Or, it is a dealer changeable thing and it was turned on this time. If I get a free minute, I'll nose around with WiTech and see if I can figure it out and post up here.
ya, my 19 Ram didn't do it either. I am on a 5th Gen Ram forum and they say it's done at the factory and (at least for the Ram) it cannot be turned off through the U-connect.

ya, my 19 Ram didn't do it either. I am on a 5th Gen Ram forum and they say it's done at the factory and (at least for the Ram) it cannot be turned off through the U-connect.
Ok, I have the CDA engineering software, and WiTech both, so I will go out here in a few and see if I can make it go away. It irritates the crap out of me.

So update. I used WiTech, and there are 2 count em 2, user programmable options. Neither of which is what we are looking for. I went on to the engineering tool and looked under rfhub and BCM and foumd nothing as well, so I asked someone with more intimate knolwedge of the system than myself as well as a reasoning for this irritating feature.

So update. I used WiTech, and there are 2 count em 2, user programmable options. Neither of which is what we are looking for. I went on to the engineering tool and looked under rfhub and BCM and foumd nothing as well, so I asked someone with more intimate knolwedge of the system than myself as well as a reasoning for this irritating feature.
Allegedly it's so you don't forget your car is running in the garage and die from CO2.

jagoff.gif

Pull the fuse? Dealing with Chicago traffic you probably need the horn though.

Auto Transport Service
Back