• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just dashes Dashpad key hole way off

dodge68charger

Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
I sent one of my dash pads to Just dashes to get redone, got it back a few days ago and when i went to install it yesterday i noticed the key hole was 1/2" off. Anyone else run into this problem.. Thanks

There will be just a little bit of give on the adjustment of where that lower dashpad will secure down. The holes through the metal dash frame are about twice the diameter of the studs coming out of the pad. Have you tried loosening up the pal nuts and playing with the alignment of the pad? Usually just dashes work is pretty dead on. But, that's not to say they couldn't have had an employee do a shotty job. I'd call'em up if you can't make it align. My guess would be that they would be quick to fix it for you.

Thanks. Im gonna elongate them more today and see what happens. Its not a little off, its way off. I ll keep u posted. Thanks

Enlarged the holes as big as i could get them n a little brute force and it Fits good now image.jpg

damn that looks sweet! for future reference, a heat gun is a very valuable tool when working with dash fitment:)

I concur "beautiful dash".

Glad you were able to make things fit. Based on my own experience with these guys, I think that if you are not Roger Gibson or some other high end resto shop, the quality of work lacks.

Thanks guys. Turned out nice, only other issue was when i sent out the cluster to get restored they didnt zero the odometer:( i assumed thet did that anyways or would atleast call me. Oh well

Thanks guys. Turned out nice, only other issue was when i sent out the cluster to get restored they didnt zero the odometer:( i assumed thet did that anyways or would atleast call me. Oh well

Very nice looking dash resto. Should look great in the car.

On the bit about zero-ing the odometer - I'm not sure about other countries, but here in New Zealand that practice is illegal, and considered a fraudulent act to tamper with odometer readings. I understand why you would want to do it, but strongly suggest you don't. My 2 cents worth :)

I got the engine rebuilt and wanted a clean slate. Not too concerned about it though. The car is Black with a red interior, lots of work left still. Appreciate the feedback guys, thanks. This site helps me out soo much!!

Auto Transport Service
Back