• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just found my fender tag and had to tell some one!

tallhair

Rufus "Mod-hair" Firefly
Staff member
Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
Please excuse my exuberance but i am still ecstatic and cannot stand not having someone to share my excitement and RELIEF with! It's been missing for several years and i was sick because i was almost certain that it had gotten permanently lost (or possibly destroyed but that's another story) with my household moves during my time in the Air Force or when i retired or that my dad had had it and it was gone with his stuff (passed away). this was one of the things holding me back with my cars, (not all) but now that i'm getting juiced again i've been thinking about it a lot and have been sick with worry that it was gone forever. I will tell you i had been praying and have said a thankful prayer that i've found it.

here's a pic if you are into that sort of thing (not sure if ok to post complete vins on the internet so blacked out)

View attachment 97763

which i believe yields:

VIN: RM23N0GXXXXXX
Engine: E63
Transmission: D21
Scheduled Production Date: A14
Vehicle Order Number: 031084
Body Paint: FE4
Top Paint: V1X
Interior Trim: P6XA
Upper Door Frame Paint: TX9
A01 -- Light Package
A31 -- 3.91 HP Axle Package
C16 -- Console
C55 -- Buckeet Seats
J25 -- 3-speed or Variable Wipers
L31 -- Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21 -- Roof drip moldings
N85 -- Tachometer
N96 -- Fresh Air Hood system
R22 -- AM W/8-Track
V88 -- Delete Transverse Stripe
26 -- 26 Radiator
END -- End of options

haven't decoded the interior/paint/roof options yet but car is rally red, black vinyl top, black door frame, and charcoal / black interior (not sure which was insert and which was main color but from memory seems like charcoal was the main color with black inserts). how can you tell if it had the black hood stripe or bumble bee trail? pretty positive mine didn't have the bumble bee but thought the hood stripe was on this car. Was there a code for that on fender tag or was that on the build sheet only?

VX1 - Full Vinyl Top - Black
TX9 - Black Upper Door Frame paint
P6XA - Premium Charcoal & Black Vinyl Bucket Front Seats (think it is charcoal with black inserts but please help out if anyone has correct info)

Last edited:
Congratulations!

My 1970 Road Runner is missing its fender tag, and I have checked everywhere for a build sheet, but the seats have been replaced so it is probably gone. I would be thrilled if I found either of mine so I understand your excitement!

Congratulations!

My 1970 Road Runner is missing its fender tag, and I have checked everywhere for a build sheet, but the seats have been replaced so it is probably gone. I would be thrilled if I found either of mine so I understand your excitement!

thanks hsorman i think my build sheet is long gone unfortunately. when i bought it had what i think are 70 a body bucket in it and it wasn't under the original back seat, taped to glove box, or anywhere else i've heard to look. I've pretty much had everything but the headliner (and carpet isn't original) out of the car so i'm not going to find it. however the bright side is almost everything is on the fender tag i think except wheel and tire data and maybe gear info but mine had the A31 option so that's pretty obvious... not sure if there would be other information there though.

Thats great and worth the excitement, congradulations on your find.

Congratulations! Nice find.

VIN: RM23N0GXXXXXX
Engine: E63 383-4BBL
Transmission: D21 FOUR SPEED
Scheduled Production Date: A14 scheduled production date of October, 14, 1969
Vehicle Order Number: 031084
Body Paint: FE4
Top Paint: V1X black vinyl top
Interior Trim: P6XA
Upper Door Frame Paint: TX9
A01 -- Light Package
A31 -- 3.91 HP Axle Package
C16 -- Console
C55 -- Buckeet Seats
J25 -- 3-speed or Variable Wipers
L31 -- Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21 -- Roof drip moldings
N85 -- Tachometer
N96 -- Fresh Air Hood system
R22 -- AM W/8-Track
V88 -- Delete Transverse Stripe
26 -- 26 Radiator
END -- End of options

haven't decoded the interior/paint/roof options yet but car is rally red, black vinyl top, black door frame, and charcoal / black interior (not sure which was insert and which was main color but from memory seems like charcoal was the main color with black inserts).

how can you tell if it had the black hood stripe V21 would be on the tag

or bumble bee trail Bumble Bee was Dodge only

P6XA - Premium Charcoal & Black Vinyl Bucket Front Seats (think it is charcoal with black inserts but please help out if anyone has correct info)

or bumble bee trail Bumble Bee was Dodge only
DOOOH i mistyped, meant dust trail. Thanks for all the help above 69coronetrt!

can anyone help on this?

Picture of original back seat.

DSCF1707.jpg

Thats pretty cool finding that, Good deal, lots of options..

Yeah nice options the only think missing is the A13 code for super bird! lol

Congrats on finding your tag. I think there is somewhere you can have a repro broadcast sheet made for it using your fender tag. One correction though, You said your body color was FE4 but the tag shows FE5. Not sure what the difference in the color shade is. Still I am glad you found your tag.

Is your name jay by any chance?

not sure if you are referring to me but no it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on finding your tag. I think there is somewhere you can have a repro broadcast sheet made for it using your fender tag. One correction though, You said your body color was FE4 but the tag shows FE5. Not sure what the difference in the color shade is. Still I am glad you found your tag.

thanks! and thanks for pointing out the typo..i should be more careful especially with codes.

Auto Transport Service
Back