• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just got home with my fifth wheel trailer.

poppaj

Banned
Banned
Local time
9:06 AM
Reaction score
Well we grew out of our 24' enclosed trailer so I was lucky to find a very nice used 42' United fifth wheel trailer that is loaded. Shower, a ton of factory cabinets, tri axle, new brakes, tires. A completly finished one owner unit.
Decided to pick it up today on the way home the snow hit hard snow plows and all, but made it home OK...

Well we grew out of our 24' enclosed trailer so I was lucky to find a very nice used 42' United fifth wheel trailer that is loaded. Shower, a ton of factory cabinets, tri axle, new brakes, tires. A completly finished one owner unit.
Decided to pick it up today on the way home the snow hit hard snow plows and all, but made it home OK...

selling the 24 footer ?

Yuck, you said the dreaded "S" word. Glad we don't get that much here in Oklahoma, Yet anyways.

pics

Attachments

• 19450216-412-1997-United-Trailer-42-5th-Wheel.jpg
    19450216-412-1997-United-Trailer-42-5th-Wheel.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 19450559-186-1997-United-Trailer-42-5th-Wheel.jpg
    19450559-186-1997-United-Trailer-42-5th-Wheel.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 19450600-290-1997-United-Trailer-42-5th-Wheel.jpg
    19450600-290-1997-United-Trailer-42-5th-Wheel.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 19450254-005-1997-United-Trailer-42-5th-Wheel.jpg
    19450254-005-1997-United-Trailer-42-5th-Wheel.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 216
very very nice. good luck with it.
man thats a big *** trailer.

It was much easier to back in the driveway than the 24' tag..Our country road is quite narrow.

It was much easier to back in the driveway than the 24' tag..Our country road is quite narrow.

I wouldn't be able to get that trailer in from our country road.
I have a rough time with my 34 footer. 48 foot, no way jose.

Can you fit 2 cars in it.

Nah, one car or two dragsters,it has a dragster lift. This old man needed some living quarters

watch your gas mileage get cut in 1/2
when i had my 24 footer i got 15 mpg, now with my 34 footer i get 9.8, and when i stand on it a little it drops to 8 mpg.

thats cuz you tow with a chevy!!!!! haha, just kidding.

With a chip in it we should be able to get relatively about the same.

Now we have to wait until april to put it to use!!!! grrr

Casey

NICE!!! Congratulations!

I know dad loves his 48' United Goose Neck. The living quarters is worth its weight in gold. You don't realize how much money you spend on hotels, and gas going back and forth during the weekend, not to mention all the times you eat out. You'll love it.

As for the mileage, dad gets around 10 mpg towing his with the Cummins.... I guess that's as good if not better then a diesel motor home.
Don't waist your money on a programmer; it isn't going to help the mileage towing the trailer.
Dad already went down that path with Hypertech.

Kevin

NICE!!! Congratulations!

I know dad loves his 48' United Goose Neck. The living quarters is worth its weight in gold. You don't realize how much money you spend on hotels, and gas going back and forth during the weekend, not to mention all the times you eat out. You'll love it.

As for the mileage, dad gets around 10 mpg towing his with the Cummins.... I guess that's as good if not better then a diesel motor home.
Don't waist your money on a programmer; it isn't going to help the mileage towing the trailer.
Dad already went down that path with Hypertech.

Kevin

the hypertechs are junk in IMO. no offense.

I had an 05 cummins 6 speed, with a bully dog. it got pretty good gad mileage towing. Had a juice edge on the 2000 and it was awesome.

but i no we are going to lose gas mileage but im with u I think we can get between 10 and 12.. not bad. is your dads dually 4x4?

Casey

Auto Transport Service
Back