• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just not my day............

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score
My plan was to go to a Charity Car Show for the Disable Children......The car is all cleaned up & ready. I stop for some Ice to keep my drinks cold. And Damn it.....The GTX won’t start... Do a few checks..No fuel at the carb, because of boil-over. So I wait & I wait.. Plus now it’s slow cranking... add fuel to the bowl..Nothing......Do a few more checks. Have spark..Have spare Ballast resistor....Still nothing...:BangHead:.....:BangHead: My wife is enjoying herself with a ice coffee waiting for my buddy to tow me home.............

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 388
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 437
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 451
Oh well pops, you'll get it figured out, it happens to the best of em.

When I read the thread subject I thought there was going to be pictures of a smashed Mopar - at least some didn't hit your beauty!

Good luck on your diagnosis and repair.

John in Montana

Update... Have battery tender on charging ...Carb still bone dry.....Added fuel & closed choke & was able to start her up..... Having a few problems....Not charging now....

hope you get the problem found and solved. Maybe your car thought it was going to be the give away car and didn't want to go. Were you able to go to the charity show in another vehicle?

So I found a bad wire connection(Green) going to field at alternator..Repaired ,still no charge... Full fielded alternator no difference again.....Also found that console lights not operating...

IMG_4571.jpgIMG_4569.jpg

Pops-

I hope you get this resolved and back on the street soon.

Mine won't be back together anytime soon. LOL Car looked pretty darn good before I decided it could look better. Sometimes it pays to leave well enough alone. Eleven weeks in the body shop and not much progress. Started with lower patch panels, expanded to new trunk extensions and fabricating of unobtainium outer wheel housings. Found lots of hidden bondo in the right quarter. As you can tell, my car was the same color as yours until about 35 years ago.

Once I had it apart, I got a little carried away with what I wanted to do before putting it back together.

Don

Having a few issues. A no charge problem. I was able to do a little testing & I thinks it’s the alternator..Battery only showing 6volts today from 12volts... ( Classic Car Battery) 3yrs old...

I Have battery tender on,But I think Battery might be NG... It’s seem to be a lot of restriction on these types of batteries. Anyone have any information on the Mopar classic sealed maintenance free battery....mopar S27M series ....Thanks

M27R.jpg

I know the Mopar batteries work just the same as any other battery but cost easily twice as much for some reason. You gotta be a real Mopar purist to spring for one.

Auto Transport Service
Back