• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just ordered a new Strange Dana 60

Dajkzo

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
Cass at Dr Diff was great to work with. With the new 440 I'm building I needed to either invest a lot in the 8 3/4 (sure-grip, axles, bearings) or just go big.
I promise to post pictures when it arrives. At which time I'll have a complete 8 3/4 with 3.55s (open diff) for sale cheap.

Nice!!! how far did you go with it? Complete set up? Do you mind sharing a ball park figure?

I would also like to know the cost. I priced a Strange 60 narrowed for my 63 at close to $2,500.00.

Nice! You missed the direct connection Dana 60 with 5.13s that was on EBay a while ago

I went for the Eaton Truetrac, 3.73, spring perches, powder coated, S cover and pinion snubber for $2885.00 as a bolt in unit, just install your brakes. I plan on 500+ ft lbs with the new engine so I'm also buying a new chromemoly 1350 drive shaft :steering:

I went for the Eaton Truetrac, 3.73, spring perches, powder coated, S cover and pinion snubber for $2885.00 as a bolt in unit, just install your brakes. I plan on 500+ ft lbs with the new engine so I'm also buying a new chromemoly 1350 drive shaft :steering:
Good luck with your new rear set up. Please keep us posted. Did they give you any idea on wait time?

It arrived on 09/02/20. I'm very pleased. Busy making the brake lines. Cass explained the factory Dana has a different shape, so the available replacement lines would not be a good fit.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/rear-end-****.201317/

Cass at Dr Diff was great to work with. With the new 440 I'm building I needed to either invest a lot in the 8 3/4 (sure-grip, axles, bearings) or just go big.
I promise to post pictures when it arrives. At which time I'll have a complete 8 3/4 with 3.55s (open diff) for sale cheap.
Did you get it with disc brakes ?

It arrived on 09/02/20. I'm very pleased. Busy making the brake lines. Cass explained the factory Dana has a different shape, so the available replacement lines would not be a good fit.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/rear-end-****.201317/
Are you bending your own brake lines ? Post some pics , I am also getting ready to install a Strange 60 in my 69 Bee so It would be nice to know what problems or challenges you run into ! I am replacing my 23 spline box with a 18 spline Hemi box and new Strange Chrome Molly yokes and drive shaft . Spicer solid U joints and Strange Rear Disc brakes , keep in touch and good luck with the install

Are you bending your own brake lines ? Post some pics , I am also getting ready to install a Strange 60 in my 69 Bee so It would be nice to know what problems or challenges you run into ! I am replacing my 23 spline box with a 18 spline Hemi box and new Strange Chrome Molly yokes and drive shaft . Spicer solid U joints and Strange Rear Disc brakes , keep in touch and good luck with the install
What gear ratio did you get ? I believe the lowest ratio they offer is 3.55: 1

What gear ratio did you get ? I believe the lowest ratio they offer is 3.55: 1

I got a 3.73. And yes, making my own brake lines (as I write this). I picked up a few new tools (I love tools). A really nice bender, a tubing straightener and a hydraulic flaring toolkit (it does all types of tubing/flares). I'll post some pics and info on the tools later tonight.

I had put together a full set of new rear 10x2 drum brakes, so for now I'm using them.

I bought one through Cass last spring as well but am curious why you have to bend your own brake lines? He sold me all the correct lines and they fit no problem. 3.23's are the lowest numerical ratio offered. I am pretty sure Cass is the one who got Strange to offer that ratio.

Last edited:
I bought one through Cass last spring as well but am curious why you have to bend your own brake lines? He sold me all the correct lines and they fit no problem. 3.23's are the lowest numerical ratio offered. I am pretty sure Cass is the one who got Strange to offer that ratio.
Really? Hmmm, Oh well, just finished one side and I'm pleased with the results. :)

Can you post pictures of the brake lines installed on the S60? To show how they are ran, thanks.

Can you post pictures of the brake lines installed on the S60? To show how they are ran, thanks.

20200913_062227.jpg 20200913_062211.jpg 20200913_062338.jpg 20200913_062301.jpg 20200913_062252.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back