• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just some general paint ???

Bens69PlymouthSatellite

Local time
3:59 AM
Reaction score
O.K. so sorry if these questions sound dumb,but what paint colors besides black show scratches the worst? is white bad for scratches? and my final question if anyone would care to look in the "members projects and restoration" section of the forum I submitted some pics of my 69 satellite under Bens 69 satellite so far... is the thread name. On the drivers side by the headlights there is a light blue paint showing that I thaught was just primer until I realized it is metallic blue even though the car is white not metallic at all,would there be any reason they used metallic primer under a plain white car? or is this the original paint job?

the car was most likely repainted if you have the fender tag you can have it decoded to find out the cars original color but thats not to say that the metalic blue was original either and no primer does not have metalic in it as for the scratch question if you take care of the car and have it polished every once in a while it dont matter

Black is the most difficult to hide scratches and dirt, but IMHO looks the best when clean.

White will hide a lot of things including dirt, but make sure you wax it at least twice a year, so it doesn't fade or yellow... :HappyNewYear:

The darker the colour the more it will show dirt, scratches etc. I have not looked at the colour your refering to...it's possible that the panel has been changed with a used one!

I actually decoded the paint today and the car color is W1 alpine white im curious if what happend was started white changed to blue then sombody did a piss poor job possibly a maaco paint job back to white trying to restore the paintjob,can I order my color through mopar? I want it back to alpine white. thanks alot for your input!

Auto Transport Service
Back