• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just when you thought Chargers couldn't go any higher!

So for those of you with lifts...what's your ceiling (joist) height from the floor? Considering one...but not sure if I have the room to put a car on a car, with a lift between....
My height is 9’8”. I can’t get another car under it, which is fine with me.

well I finally measured mine...9'4". Dammit. I'll have to measure car heights - my (91) Daytona is pretty short/low, it *might* fit under the '70 Charger...anyone able to measure the section height of your lift platform for me? And maybe the distance between wheel troughs? Thinking if they're "close" but spread far enough, I can sorta tuck the roof in between the troughs if it won't fit totally under them...

well I finally measured mine...9'4". Dammit. I'll have to measure car heights - my (91) Daytona is pretty short/low, it *might* fit under the '70 Charger...anyone able to measure the section height of your lift platform for me? And maybe the distance between wheel troughs? Thinking if they're "close" but spread far enough, I can sorta tuck the roof in between the troughs if it won't fit totally under them...
I’ll take some measurements for you this weekend.

You won’t be able to tuck the roof between the troughs using the Bendpak lift I have. The bars across the front and rear will be the max height allowed for the car.

You can see what I mean in the pic in the Manual. I have the HD-7W

https://www.bendpak.com/HD-7-Four-Post-Lift-Manual-5900041-BendPak.pdf

Last edited:
That is probably not tall enough. The runner thickness of the hoist is 6". I have 3-4" from the top car to the ceiling and 6-7" between the top of the bottom car and the bottom of the hoist. Don't forget you need a little extra lifting clearance, another 1-2" to release the safety catches before you can lower it also.

yeah...and it makes sense about the spans between ramps, too. forgot about that, I'm used to the 2 post lifts here at work with the overhead spans. I just hate to store on a 2 post...oh well, I guess it's time to decide what sits outside if I get anything new. Grrr.

I’ll take some measurements for you this weekend.

You won’t be able to tuck the roof between the troughs using the Bendpak lift I have. The bars across the front and rear will be the max height allowed for the car.

You can see what I mean in the pic in the Manual. I have the HD-7W

https://www.bendpak.com/HD-7-Four-Post-Lift-Manual-5900041-BendPak.pdf
triplegreen500:
I put my Charger as far up as I could in the locked position. As the guys have said, you will need at least a few inches of space above that position to be able to hold/release the locks.
With the Bendpak that I have, it is about 4". So:

My ceiling is exactly (lasered) 9' 10".
Once I raise the Charger to the highest position (including locking it in place), there is exactly a max. of 4' 3" of height to get another car under it.
At a height of 9'4" in your garage, the max car height you could put under the lift is 4'3"- 6"(difference between you and me on height) = 3' 9".

So unless your car height is a max of 3'9", it won't fit underneath.

Sorry... I don't think there is any car that short! (Maybe a large go cart.) :)

Has anybody ever took the wheels off and blocked the upper car to achieve more clearance?

Auto Transport Service
Back