• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K frame deep sump pan skid plate....anyone have some dimensions?

dsd1967

Local time
7:01 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a K frame with the deep sump skid plate added? I want to make a home made version and need some dimensions.....mostly depth.

Thanks in advance.

If you have a factory deep sump pan, you can buy one of these ready to go from Mancini, for example. I have a really deep pan (kind of wish I didn't) and I made my own skip plate. I mocked it up out of cardboard, then cut an 1/8" plate to the dimensions I needed. Scored the lines with a grinder and bent it up in a vice. Welded the inside seams, and then welded it to the K-member. Here's a picture. It saved my oil pan yesterday when entering a parking lot.

2012-06-23 10.40.37.jpg

It ended up 2 1/2" deep- but if you make your own, you can just make it the right size to fit your pan.

Decades ago I just welded 2 inch angle iron, seam side down to K frame. See if you really need one or do as dpstark2 did.

Auto Transport Service
Back