• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K-frame fitment?

fshd4it

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
Hey all, I've got a K-frame that came from my '65 Belvedere (poly 318 car), and I was wondering what other years/models it will fit. I don't need it anymore, so I'd like to be able to advertise it correctly when I get around to putting it up for sale. Thanks, Karlin.

I got a 64-65 hemi K member K member that fits my 67 R/T but i did not want it to now!!

now I have to replace it!!... bummer
hemi day 031.JPG

Last edited:
That would push the motor farther forward, right? I've read where guys would use a '66-on K-frame in earlier cars to move the engine back a couple inches for better weight distribution...

It will fit '63-'65 B-bodies, and allow all V-8s to be installed, with the proper motor mounts. Not sure about '62s ? Some trimming is needed for some deep sump aftermarket oil pans, easy modification.
No experience for use on later years, as suggested above...

It'll phisically fit 62-70. But the idler arm mount uses the single stud used up to 67. The motor mount brackets fit 63-65. If used in a 66 or newer the engine will set forward. 62 uses unique mounts. It would work in a 62 if 63-65 mounts were used.
Doug

Initial when I purchased the K frame 3 years ago right after I had my motor rebuilt & transmission...... I was told that it was a 66-67 hemi K frame.

when i checked it out myself it did fit my hemi motor so I installed we..... so Great i thought........ so I installed it as you see it now.
"
This is my first Mopar car..... so I had a "supposedly knowledgeable" B body Member here that I paid (bigbill) to help me install it.. and guess he did not see it either...... i did not see any numbers on the frame.

it did not dawn on me until I started to fit the shroud radiator.... there was no room for it.... panic time!!:BangHead:

it was brought to my attention that the hemi motor is to far forward..........

I have been told by several B body sources it may be a hemi superstock K frame 64-65 with the hemi skid-plate too........... it appears to be that introspect.

The rocker arm clutch shaft fit nearly correctly too...... i have several driveshafts that will button up to the Dana that worked too....... and that may be a issue coming up?

i am sorry to have hijacked fshd4it thread but it seemed to fit within the same topic of his thread post here......:eek:

Last edited:
It will fit '63-'65 B-bodies, and allow all V-8s to be installed, with the proper motor mounts. Not sure about '62s ? Some trimming is needed for some deep sump aftermarket oil pans, easy modification.
No experience for use on later years, as suggested above...
its will only fit the 426 hemi motor from what i understand.

I will be back later this evening to contuitue this conversation. Mike

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I thought the '62 k-frames were unique, saw one once at a swap meet and noticed the different mounts. Neat that it'll work with the '63-'65 mounts. I put a 360 in my car, so I also wasn't aware it would accommodate big blocks too.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I thought the '62 k-frames were unique, saw one once at a swap meet and noticed the different mounts. Neat that it'll work with the '63-'65 mounts. I put a 360 in my car, so I also wasn't aware it would accommodate big blocks too.
Thanks again with my post on your post...:) Mike

It's the motor mount brackets that are different from big to small block and the 360 also has different brackets from the 340/318/273 but they can be used with the 360 if you use some spacers on the driver's side. All the big block wedge brackets are the same with the Hemi being way different. Even need a different K frame for that engine. Same way with the /6....but, I've seen a few cut the 'stands' off of the K frame and weld in the proper ones.

I took patter from a 66 hemi K member made the mounts. Mocked in my 65 Dodge engine with mounts on it. Have 5/8* X-ram clearance to firewall. In hindsight should have moved engine an 1"to 1.5" forward. The Swap meet headers dictated engine placement.
dodge dr side eng.jpg
dode pss side eng.jpg

Thanks everyone I am lucky enough to have found a original 67 Hemi K from one of are members here on b bodies....

The swap out is going to be interesting by myself.

Thank you B bodies... I am happy to be apart of this Mopar media gathering!!:thumbsup:

Mike

I took patter from a 66 hemi K member made the mounts. Mocked in my 65 Dodge engine with mounts on it. Have 5/8* X-ram clearance to firewall. In hindsight should have moved engine an 1"to 1.5" forward. The Swap meet headers dictated engine placement.View attachment 1398436View attachment 1398437
Thanks Fran for your comments..

That intake like you have is close but everything on a hemi is close.. I have a few nicks from the first time of its insulation.

I plan on leaving the engine in place using a engine by a support I am erecting now when I swap the K frames....

it may be but if it works i will pass it on here...... safety first!!

It's the motor mount brackets that are different from big to small block and the 360 also has different brackets from the 340/318/273 but they can be used with the 360 if you use some spacers on the driver's side. All the big block wedge brackets are the same with the Hemi being way different. Even need a different K frame for that engine. Same way with the /6....but, I've seen a few cut the 'stands' off of the K frame and weld in the proper ones.
Thanks guy........... I appreciate your input.

guess there are not many super stock K members any more.... my luck i found one.

I took patter from a 66 hemi K member made the mounts. Mocked in my 65 Dodge engine with mounts on it. Have 5/8* X-ram clearance to firewall. In hindsight should have moved engine an 1"to 1.5" forward. The Swap meet headers dictated engine placement.View attachment 1398436View attachment 1398437

My member is a diamond in the ruff.. needs a little trimming..... it was blasted at some point.

hemi day 028.JPG

Last edited:
Initial when I purchased the K frame 3 years ago right after I had my motor rebuilt & transmission...... I was told that it was a 66-67 hemi K frame.

when i checked it out myself it did fit my hemi motor so I installed we..... so Great i thought........ so I installed it as you see it now.
"
This is my first Mopar car..... so I had a "supposedly knowledgeable" B body Member here that I paid (bigbill) to help me install it.. and guess he did not see it either...... i did not see any numbers on the frame.

it did not dawn on me until I started to fit the shroud radiator.... there was no room for it.... panic time!!:BangHead:

it was brought to my attention that the hemi motor is to far forward..........

I have been told by several B body sources it may be a hemi superstock K frame 64-65 with the hemi skid-plate too........... it appears to be that introspect.

The rocker arm clutch shaft fit nearly correctly too...... i have several driveshafts that will button up to the Dana that worked too....... and that may be a issue coming up?

i am sorry to have hijacked fshd4it thread but it seemed to fit within the same topic of his thread post here......:eek:
This is the 64/65 Hemi
k frame they did not come with skid plates and in no way did they have sway bar

9E82C0E6-D00A-4DFD-9E9F-7777BCA9908E.jpeg

6B0BEEB7-CA6E-4F27-93F8-E97DCC02F664.jpeg

Last edited:
Speaking of sway bars, I cheated and used an E-body one on my '65.

20151008_134607.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back