• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K member swap ?

chad

Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
Will the newer K members say from 66 to 70 fit in my 64 fury with no problems. ? I was looking around and seen that it moves the motor back which is what I want. But I was looking to hear first hand experiences from guys who have done it.

Will the newer K members say from 66 to 70 fit in my 64 fury with no problems. ? I was looking around and seen that it moves the motor back which is what I want. But I was looking to hear first hand experiences from guys who have done it.
You will move the engine back 1 5/8 inches, will have to rework the trans mount. Heater hose outlet will be closer to the drivers side valve cover. Yes I have done this on a 1965 coronet.

Easier to use a 63-65 V8 k member, big block will bolt right in place with the proper mounts.

I'm using a 70 unit in mine

IMG_1515.JPG IMG_1514.JPG

I have a real nice 63-65 big block K frame for sale. If you want to just go the easy route? We ship on a daily basis, let me know.

20200210_141418.jpg

Did not drill any holes. It is very close back there since its moved back. I made a dolly/stand for the engine/trans combo and have been slipping it in from under by lowering or raising my lift. Had to thump the pinch weld a little but there is clearance between the trans and floor for air to get by and cool. I moved all my ac/heat plumbing to between the outer fender and inner. I thought I had shot of it where it comes through the fire wall but can't find it. Its just below and to the inside of the tube brace. Will do the same on the wiring. I capped off all the other holes on the firewall and the inner fenders.

IMG_1748.JPG IMG_0136.JPG IMG_1495.JPG

What are you asking for the BB K m bet? Thank you...
He knows his stuff go with the BB K Member a whole lot easier. But if you go with a hemi it is a tight squeeze! May have to rework the shock tower. Max Wedge with cross
IMG_0109.jpg
ram, no problem!

I bought a 72 K frame for my 65 I will be flattening the firewall. I will post pictures when I do the swap but it will be awhile.

I bought a 72 K frame for my 65 I will be flattening the firewall. I will post pictures when I do the swap but it will be awhile.
The 72 unit has a different mounting angle for the steering box. If you use it, make sure you get the 72's steering center link.

I did get a 71-72 center link. but always a good reminder

Lots of benefits running the later K's especially 70 on. Sway bar goes through the k not hanging front[ get the later lower arms too since the link tabs are in a different spot unless you do your own], idler arm mounts in a double shear instead of the bayonet bolt unit[ btw its different too, get it for the later application], engine moves back some for a little better weight distribution, more fan to radiator clearance for future upgrades etc.

I used a 1970 K-member in my '64 Polara, but I cut the motor perches off and rewelded them back on so the motor sits in the stock location. I did this for two reasons. The improved idler arm design, and the improved sway bar setup.

I originally wanted to move the motor back in the engine bay, but wasn't willing to deal with all the ramifications. The cons far out-weigh the pros.

IMG_0222.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back