• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

k6 paint

mopar jack

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score
I have a 71 roadrunner that needs to be restored and am looking for opinions on changing the original color. I like the original color but it doesn't show well when compared to cars with high impact colors. The k6 medium bronze poly has been called burnt orange, root beer and hang around brown. I'm thinking of a color change to vitamin c which I think would look good on this body style. Looking for opinions, thanks.
img290.jpg

If this is the same color as the 70, I think it is a beautiful color.
20190208_191545.jpg

I have a 71 roadrunner that needs to be restored and am looking for opinions on changing the original color. I like the original color but it doesn't show well when compared to cars with high impact colors. The k6 medium bronze poly has been called burnt orange, root beer and hang around brown. I'm thinking of a color change to vitamin c which I think would look good on this body style. Looking for opinions, thanks.View attachment 768363
Idid my uncles 71 GTX in that color its called dark burnt orange I also did his 70 AAR cuda & that is burnt orange & that color has more of a red tin to it. Why not think about putting on the original style stripes in white ? Just might set it off

1970 is K5 and a bit lighter than the later K6. I still think I would keep the color - not something you see everyday.

My 70 Duster in K5. It lightens up out in the sun. I think black stripes would look tough on your car.

20190518_125301.jpg

The pic I posted is from 1994 when i bought the car. I installed a stripe on it and I do like it but the car is a very early build and the stripe was not an option. This how the car sits today.
trio.jpg

I personally like to see cars with the color they were born with. My vote is keep the original color.

Black out the hood and put stripes on it I like the color

Auto Transport Service
Back