• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kally fires

Google CAL FIRE for most recent updates. Between only 3 of the fires, near 150,000 acres have been consumed. The Thomas fire in Ventura co. is larger than Denver & containment is only 5%. The Lilac, San Diego co. fire not far south of me, which started today around 11 AM has consumed 3000 acres & is 20% contained. The winds are exponentiating the burn.

Stay safe out there guys!
Lived in the Lakeside San Diego county area some 20 years ago and saw a few small fires but nothing like what's going on right know.

Last edited:
Be safe down there!
This was helpful when the fires were raging here:
http://www.fire.ca.gov/general/firemaps
Better than this was Sonoma county's website. It had an excellent, frequently updated & interactive fire map so check your county's website for one.
Good luck & best wishes!

Google CAL FIRE for most recent updates. Between only 3 of the fires, near 150,000 acres have been consumed. The Thomas fire in Ventura co. is larger than Denver & containment is only 5%. The Lilac, San Diego co. fire not far south of me, which started today around 11 AM has consumed 3000 acres & is 20% contained. The winds are exponentiating the burn.
http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents

Took a couple of pics of the smoke from the Lilac fire before I left work at 2pm, it's now up to 4,100 acres. At least the winds have tapered off quite a bit this evening, hopefully slowing it down somewhat.

IMG_0941.JPG
IMG_0938.JPG

I'm just curious...WHY use the made up word "Kally" when it in no way resembles the name of the state?

The smoke started showing way up here today. NOT GOOD.

I cant imagine being in the path of one of those fires. Here we have basements or storm shelters to hide from tornadoes. Do people have anything like that to seek shelter? A bunker type underground shelter?

Nothing here. Clear air and calm conditions.

Winds are up again.
I don't think there' s much in the way of underground shelters in so cal. Maybe some scattered remnants of 50s - 60s bomb shelters from the cold war paranoia.
Even if there were underground public shelters, I'd rather stay above ground & outrun the fire.

I can't remember the last time that many people fleeing an area. If some could educate me I would appreciate it.

Don't tell me you haven't heard about the big *** fire they had a couple months ago in No CAl that burned the **** out of everything? I guess so if your askin about it!

Here we have basements or storm shelters to hide from tornadoes. Do people have anything like that to seek shelter? A bunker type underground shelter?

Are you kidding? That state lives in it's own little fantasy world, they don't need that ****. They wouldn't stand for any of it!

I cant imagine being in the path of one of those fires. Here we have basements or storm shelters to hide from tornadoes. Do people have anything like that to seek shelter? A bunker type underground shelter?
I imagine if you were in an underground bunker during a wildfire, you would risk suffocating because the fire above might use up all of the oxygen from your bunker, unless it was sealed from the outside and had its own air supply from somewhere other than atmosphere!

No I remember those fires trust me, what I dont remember is the amount of people that had to flee. I guess its more news worthy here because the fires are closer to L.A..

Hope for the best for everyone.

Auto Transport Service
Back