• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keys

John H

Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
I need a couple spare set of keys for my recently purchased 1967 Coronet 440. Any suggestions on Where and what do I buy and where can I get these cut? Model #? Type?

Bought NOS Mopar blanks on eBay . . . Any ACE or similar hardware store should have a key cutter . . . easy peasy

No luck at the Ace Hdwr in the big cities on the west coast. Their new key machines couldn't do the old style keys, ended up filing by hand some old blanks I had.

Find your local lock smith. The guy in the small town I live in still had Chrysler blanks. They should at least be able to cut keys if you get blanks.

Summitt has Dodge/Chrysler

PYCL Locks Keys PY050 Ignition​

pyc-py051_wt_xl.jpg

• pyc-py051_wt_s.jpg
  • pyc-py051_s.jpg
$2.99
PYCL Locks Keys
Key, Round Key Blank, Penastar Logo, Trunk, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Each
See More Specifications | Check the Fit

In Stock (more than 10 available)

Estimated Ship Date: TodayWould you rather pick it up? Select Location

PYCL Locks Keys PY051 Trunk​

PYCL Locks Keys PY050​

Write the First Review

Part Number: PYC-PY050
pyc-py050_dh_xl.jpg

• pyc-py050_dh_s.jpg
  • pyc-py050_s.jpg
$4.99
PYCL Locks Keys
Key, Penastar Key Blank, Ignition, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Each
See More Specifications | Check the Fit

Sound right?

Find your local lock smith. The guy in the small town I live in still had Chrysler blanks. They should at least be able to cut keys if you get blanks.
My local lock smith did a great job on NOS blanks ten years ago when I got Baby Blue back. Went back last year with blanks for the Hemi car, and they refused to cut a blank that wasn't their own stock. Got it done at a True Value hardware store instead.

My local lock smith did a great job on NOS blanks ten years ago when I got Baby Blue back. Went back last year with blanks for the Hemi car, and they refused to cut a blank that wasn't their own stock. Got it done at a True Value hardware store instead.
That's what I was gonna say. Check with an old school locksmith to see if he has blanks. If he does , get them there. If he doesn't, ask if he will cut blenks if you can find them.
As an aside, I was shocked how much my local locksmith charged me for a simple key copy. But then again, everything has been skyrocketing in price for some completely unknown reason.

I take my blanks to our local Home Hardware and they cut them for me for free, as they only have a sale code if you buy a key!

As an aside, I was shocked how much my local locksmith charged me for a simple key copy. But then again, everything has been skyrocketing in price for some completely unknown reason.
So, how much did he bend you over for?

Cut them yourself!

I bought blanks too because nobody carries them any more. Then I was rejected by every store around (Ace, Lowes, Home Depot) because of the "liability" (huh?) of cutting blanks they don't sell, (....and don't stock, ....and won't order),...... I now cut them myself.

Chock the key and blank up in a vice and use a Dremel tool to get it close and then wrap up the final cuts with a small file set. Go slow and steady and resist the urge to cut it all the way with the Dremel. Stick to making the final cuts with files. It's really quite easy.

That was my experience as well, the local locksmith had OEM key blanks…

Be careful getting key blanks on eBay. I got some and they were NOT right in the fine details. Carefully match your original keys to any blanks you will buy. I finally found a vendor on eBay with the RIGHT blanks. Then I took them to a local lock smith and got a nice cut job done. I tried the local independent hardware store with the not so right blanks - they tried hard but no luck - would not work.

I got my 1966 Coronet key blanks from rfurtado1 on eBay. I had to find the right blanks using the Ilco blanks catalog. The trunk key blank is a one year only for the 66, code 1766S. The ignition key blank is for 1964-1966, code 1764P. Your 1967 would be different but check in the Ilco catalog to see.

Auto Transport Service
Back