1. BeepBeepRR

BeepBeepRR FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    12:03 AM
    Naa he knows his real dad is a pile of dog crap. I think he just has no sense of gratitude. He is more into video games at 24 than anything else. I guess he was expecting more games. Either way it was a bullshit way to talk to his mother.

2. WAYNES WORLD

WAYNES WORLD Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:03 AM
    We quit buying the kids gifts. Only the grandkids. There was no gratitude just attitude so we said no more and our life is mush easier.

3. Ron H

Ron H FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    11:03 PM
    I’d say don’t forego the advice; some of it is likely sticking more than you realize. Some years ago my daughter said she saw a deer running in front of her across the road and says “I remember what you said if you see one deer good bet there will be more…and there were two more that followed the first one.” I told her this some years before and no clue if she got the tip or not, glad she did.

My dad was not one for idle chat; but he expected us to have brains to figure stuff out and when we did something stupid there was no yelling or smacking…he’d ask “What were you thinking?” Lol and he wanted an answer – “I don’t know” didn’t qualify an acceptable answer. But, again to your point, some stuff I believe ‘sticks’. Example was after I got into some trouble with the police in my ‘Cuda, he gave me a brief lecture staring with “You think life’s a game…?” Remember those words like he said them yesterday half a century + later.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Moparnocar

Moparnocar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Interesting...i have a 8 yo son that doesn't show gratitude if he doesn't like it

• 440 4 speed

440 4 speed Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      10:03 PM
      OH BOY!!!

• Moparnocar

Moparnocar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Yep, working on it... Hes a great kid, just has very strong emotions, when hes happy, hes a blast. He's learning

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.