• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Known good AC condensor, 66 - 70 B body

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtx6970

Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
Before I pull the trigger on a new repop .

Anyone have a good and known good oem condensor for my 67 Coronet .
Im pretty sure B bodies are all the same as long as its a V8 car from 1966 thru 1970

I'd recommend a new one. Over the years, the inside can oxidize a bit from periods of no refrigerant. I saw this on a couple I had. Hard to find one with the fins not beat up anyway.

Elaborate please.

All the repops list them as 66 to 70 B body

After digging into it I got it wrong.. The condenser appears to be the same, it's only the lines that are different...

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 8.03.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 8.01.04 AM.png

I knew the lines themselves are unique to each individual year and LA versus B/RB engines .

A part of me wants to say small block cars had a single row condensor versus big blocks had a dual row . But Im not 100% certain.
It appears all the repops are a dual row style

I have a new one bookmarked on ebay for little over $300 delivered.
Odds are I will go that route. But was hoping to find a known good used,,,,, preferably one recently charged ( dont have to worry about potential fit issues that way )

I bought one from Year One quite a few years ago. The inlet is not identical to the original, which makes the end of the discharge line sit slightly higher on the top edge of the core support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back