• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lada (the company) gets sold for two cents.

The Limey that taught me to fly drove a Lada here in Ontario. We had some good cruises in that POS !! :lol:

Sold for 2 cents...someone got ripped off!
How to double the price of a Lada?
Fill it with gas

I was in Guatemala in the late Nineties and the Guatemalan Policia drove Ladas. The Soviet Block had donated them hopefully to ingratiate themselves with the Guatemalans. The poor Policia was a national joke anyway and this made it worse!

One for sale on local CL but no pics.

PrincessValiant over on FABO has been hot for one for a while.

Those are the ones in the Russian dash cam videos that instantly turn left and crash upon brake application correct?

Over 30 years ago I worked in the high country where heavy frosts are a daily thing....at the foot of some ski fields. We had a Lada station wagon as a company car. The guy assigned it, drove us to and from the Mill each day....cold start, full throttle until warmed up....5 of us would get in and travel the 10 miles or so to the site.

That car could not be killed....even at 60 mph, the guy would drive off the road (it was a smooth verge) and back again....through deep icy puddles at full throttle.....absolutely crash the gears....and still it would not die.

I have to admit that for a Russian piece of crap, that car was not too bad.

It was my job to fire up belarus 7010's and combines after they were craned from ship
7010.JPG
to get them into shop for pdi! if ever I wished I had a flak jacket and helmet it was then!

Auto Transport Service
Back