• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Largest rear wheel and tire.

Webb Racing

Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
Wanting to know what would be largest rear wheel and tire combo on a 65 Coronet 500 with stock suspension. Wanting to stay 15 inch and run drag radials occasionally.

Thanks and I had already looked at that forum. Someone had told me different than what I had seen in there is why I was asking.

It seems like 2 times a week tire size comes up.. In one form or another. I saw your other post and Welcome to FBBO there is a ton of information for you here. Glad you are on board.

Lol. I think it's asked so much in hopes someone will have a new and revolutionary tire and rim combo to (magically) fit a big tire inside a stock wheelwell?

I tried to see how my drag race Duster's 30"x10.5" (actual dimensions 29.5"x10.4") with Weld 15" rim's would line up in my '69 Street GTX? And as predicted. Close. But would need some wheelwell mods to get them to fit. So for late model B-body? I can tell you what doesn't fit. 29.5"x10.4" At least with a stock Dana rear and drum brakes.

8 3/4 rear with discs? Maybe?

Recycler.JPG 12394673-1969-plymouth-gtx-srcset-retina-xxl.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back