• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last night of T&T w/bracket racing. A body 505" RB

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
Fun night. My friends (for 40 years) were there. One has a 2007? Corvette that had a supercharger on it and was running high 10s....so he decided to "upgrade" to go faster.
$17k more-new supercharger, new injectors, custom built (aka $$$) manifold and plumbing, auto trans upgrades yada yada...Spun his tires 1/3rd of the track and had some tuning problems.
His best run was............
High 10s!:poke:

:rofl:
(I'm sure he'll figure it out, but still)
:rofl:
Meanwhile there was a N/A MOPAR:moparsmiley:
Mid 9s, appx 150mph in the 1320

Sounded like he had some traction issues in 1st and still ran a 9
Well, the video is of the 505 A-body, and I didn't notice traction problems for him.
My friends supercharged Corvette OTOH is a different story.

Well, the video is of the 505 A-body, and I didn't notice traction problems for him.
My friends supercharged Corvette OTOH is a different story.
Sounds like the rpm’s jumping around a bit after he launched. Hard to tell, just an observation. Is the mopar driver your friend too?

Sounds like the rpm’s jumping around a bit after he launched. Hard to tell, just an observation. Is the mopar driver your friend too?
Never met him before last night. It turns out the guy who built his short block is the same local guy who I've known of for decades, but got to know well about 5 years ago and did the build on my wife's 421 4 bolt main Tripower engine. He also built and rebuilds/refreshes the gen 2 aluminum rods equipped, alcohol burning supercharged Hemi in the rail that another local restoration and mechanic shop owner races, that shop owner being the one I bought my Dakota digital dash from, and the guy w/the Hemi rail also has a nice, new Mustang Eddy chassis dyno that I plan on using for evaluating my wife's car's performance and maybe mine too....
So the guy with the fast A-body in that video has his motor built by the same local guy who built the 421.
I am reconsidering letting him build my next RB motor. I may be left with the need to have any porting to the TF240s done by someone else, same for any 6bbl aluminum intake porting, but the bulk of the build would be on him.
I dunno....

Last edited:
There are BIG advantages to having the local builder I know, who I've done business with, who I can drive 20 minutes to see, who may not be able to do everything, but get me really close...
That's the catch. I'd like a complete, tuned, dynoed engine, but I don't know if that can happen locally. He'd have to go to a dyno shop. By that point, I could pick up from there, especially with my new wideband O2 system, I think??

yep & it did the leapfrog move,
indicates unloading the tires, when it came down

even with that, it ran in the mid 9's at 150
nice light car (A-body attribute), big engine, big tires helps too

He was at 9.5 all night, around 140-142 mph.
A light A-Body with a stout motor, even as small as a 505", making 750HP is an automatic thing to run mid nines at 145 or so.
I run 10.16 to 10.17 all day with a starting line weight of 3780 pounds....take off 700lbs for an A-Body at there is your 9.50...

Auto Transport Service
Back