• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last week's thrift store finds-

YY1

Local time
1:05 PM
Reaction score
100w Weller brand soldering iron $5.

Where was this when I was looking to buy a new one?

20201125_182530.jpg

70W (?!) 5" Onkyo bookshelf speakers.

5 Ohm?

Fiber woofer cone with butyl surround and soft dome tweeter.

Fairly well respected.

Supposedly has freq response of 60-34K Hz.

60 Hz from a 5" is crazy.

$4 for the pair.

They are heavy.

20201125_124133.jpg

Right before the fire(s) I bought this marble/brass mantle clock with candle holders & key for $20.
I gave the lady running the place $80-100 anyway I think...
The clock weighs about 45lbs & candle holders are about 10. A very stout set.
22C60957-E1B5-4884-BA82-84F5AC29B3D2.jpeg

I bet that pic doesn't do them justice.
Still beautiful!

Right before the fire(s) I bought this marble/brass mantle clock with candle holders & key for $20.
I gave the lady running the place $80-100 anyway I think...
The clock weighs about 45lbs & candle holders are about 10. A very stout set.View attachment 1034672

FYI, that's a French clock, although the dial makes it look Korean. It would look much better with a painted porcelain dial. That key is a shopkeepers key that has different sizes for different size winders, as if you didn't already know that. Still a nice piece.

FYI, that's a French clock, although the dial makes it look Korean. It would look much better with a painted porcelain dial. That key is a shopkeepers key that has different sizes for different size winders, as if you didn't already know that. Still a nice piece.
I did know about the key, thanks. Haven't done much research on the clock yet. Opened it up & only see this mark:
DBEA4911-0F71-4BB5-8B40-F7BA21B4F923.png
No serial number or other marks I could easily see. My wife liked it so I purchased it.

I don't recognize the mark, there could be others on the front of the movement? As long as it works, that's what's important!

Auto Transport Service
Back