• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late model Mopar Police wheels?

Druid318

Local time
9:14 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a set of 18" Mopar steel police wheels on a B body? These are modern, from the current Charger police cars. I bought a pallet of them at auction, but my car hasn't arrived and these wheels don't have tires on them anyway. I think they might look good if they fit. Sort of old school looking with the center caps, but large enough to have a good selection of modern tires.

ET9471B.JPG

The car in question is an early B. 1964 Dodge 440 if that makes any difference in backspacing etc.

I think you'll find the back spacing off. Modern cars have a negative offset, meaning there is little to no dish to them.

They’ll fit the bolt pattern, seen a few cars running them.

you are going to need wheel spacers to use them. they are 5 on 115 but guys have been running them . I personally think they are ugly as hell

They’ll fit the bolt pattern, seen a few cars running them.
You have to drill them out a little, 5x115 comes out to about 5x4.55 in inches. I tried throwing the wheels off my charger onto my coronet and they didn’t fit.

See if you can reverse the centers to get more back spacing.

Last edited:
There’s a few guys over on FABO that have done it, that’s why I said they fit. I’ll go look and see if I can find it.

These DO NOT FIT as a "bolt-on", period! Yes, they'll "fit". Sort of. As these are 115mm, and the standard 4-1/2" BP is 114.3mm, that is NOT the same. You will experience lug bolt failure, as the wheel nut does not make 100% contact with 100% of the contact surface between the nut and the wheel lug hole. It only makes contact at five very small points; one per lug. Stress failure occurs. You will have one of two things occur - the lug nuts will loosen and fail, or the lug bolts will get stress fractures, then snap and fail. This is physics, not opinion or conjecture; it is scientific FACT. With adapters, they'll work, but they look wrong on earlier cars, anyway.

I'm going to see if I can sell them. I knew about the lug size mismatch, I wasn't sure on the backspacing. Kind of surprised to see so many people disliking the look though. They don't really look that much different than any other steel wheel.

The offset doesn't help matters. They're attractive wheels, just not on old cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back