• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Later 727 in an 65 Belvedere trans mount issues

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
More issues with my 65 Belvedere wagon swap. I dropped in the LA 360. Got the adaptor mounts and it looks good there. The later 727 adaptor mount isn't looking so good. It seems that it just falls through the crossmember mount and the trans and bolts sit metal to metal. I don't remember which one I bought and Schumacher seems to be sold out. Anyone else have an idea?

If anyone has pics, that would be a big help.

If anyone has pics, that would be a big help.
20221117_131408.jpg
For sale Send PM

Last edited:
Interesting. Here's stock ones.
On my 64 I just made the crossmember work with the new mount. Cut+weld.
20230316_163824.jpg

I did the same as above but used a A body trans mount.
Cut and weld. Measure to keep the proper height for pinion angle relationship.
Photo was when I was testing for fit.

IMG_2852.jpg

Now seeing the problem, has anyone else had this happen?
Aftermarket trans adaptor mount, the metal bracket that bolts to the trans apparently, with the weight of the trans, cut through the rubber and is resting on the bottom of the crossmember pocket. The rubber de-laminated from the metal bracket. It's creating a metal to metal contact with no rubber insulating it. I'm hoping this is just a faulty mount and not an issue with the whole production line. We also see that this could be the issue of the engine vibrating on metal.

Update. Thank you EARLY B for the trans mount. It all worked out. On the road again.

I just used a later 66-69 b-body Trans cross member and cut the ends down. I think that was it.. I could have drilled two new end holes but don’t remember.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back