• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest folly

vintage chromoly

Local time
2:59 AM
Reaction score
hello all.
Something cool I’ve been working on lately and thought you felllas might get a charge out of it.
Anyhow, my car was bought out of Spitzer in NE Ohio. I’m the 4th owner and have all the owner history back to day 1. The car was bought by a German barber by the name of Hienz Wink. He bought it to race. Only options are the vinyl top and power steering. The car was raced until 1971 or 1972, so the story goes.
Owner 2 bought it in 1991 and it got a really nice amateur 90’s restoration. The car had slicks, headers, 4.10:1 gears, aftermarket gauges, etc. when found. It was put back to factory equipment, painted and sold to owner 3. The car was used as a show car and didn’t see any significant mileage. I bought it in 2011 and have hobbied with it since.

I knew owner 2 from the local mopar crowd. Sadly, he passed a couple years ago.
I was at one of Mike Ross’s BBQ / gatherings and ran into owner 2. He filled in all the blanks as far as history and whatnot goes. He then tells me he has the original back glass from my car hanging in his barn, complete with its original racing “class win” decals on it. He gave it to me as it needed to be with the car, and I’ve had it hanging in my barn for several years.

This latest project on the car was repairing a spot or rust that was forming under the vinyl top and required removing the back glass. I thought it would be cool to replicate the old rear glass decals, as I have my car done up “day two”.

Here is the original glass and also the rear glass I’m using with replicated decals installed.

FEF6118E-5560-46DF-9038-9AD4D6DF4823.jpeg

cool story & cool history of that car

it's fitting you recreated it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice :thumbsup:

What steps are used to create the new stickers?
I found the 42 decals from an eBay vendor in Germany. They are waterslides. He has a bunch of vintage hotrod decals.

The Norwalk decals were made by a local mopar buddy who works in graphic arts. I sent him pics and dimensions of the original decals and he worked his magic. They are inside the window decals.

The decals are too far gone for the rest of the car. I considered that though.
I thought it would be cool to leave the original as wall art and use the reproduction decals for the car.
Also, I may be offering the car for sale in the near future. The potential new owner can remove the reproduction decals and have a nice clean OE window and still have the original window with the history.
That is cool.

Why not use the original back glass?

I love day 2 cars. It shows the real meaning of what the cars were bought for,and what we did. Thanks !

Auto Transport Service
Back