• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest Progress on the 67

67 Mopar

Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
The old 4" wheels on my rotisserie were getting unreliable, so I cut them off and welded a new set of 8" wheels on it, making it much easier to move around. Then I put the chassis back on it and wheeled it outside for the first time this year. Now it's time to put the car back together!
IMGP2500.jpg

IMGP2497.jpg

I have also been changing the color of the interior components in preparation for the reassembly. The interior of the car used to be all Black, back when it was a Red Charger. The new look of the exterior has changed all that however. For reasons that are to lengthy and boring to cover here, I decided to go with a Pearl White interior.
IMG_5209.JPG

IMGP2485.jpg

I have also given the console pieces a new look to match. First off, I'm using a full length 66 console for my 67's restoration. They were built from sturdier materials, but more importantly, I just like the look better. I got this particular console set from Bobby C. (ODZking) a while back. It used to be Red. I have used my 67 top plate and arm rest etc. Obviously, I have changed the look of these pieces as well, to compliment the new interior design.
IMGP2490.jpg

Nice work. I agree on the interior color choice.
Doug

Red is attractive and keeping original colors has value.
But I think objectively speaking pearl white has some advantages.
Good choice.

Looks like it has the holes for vinyl top trim. What kind of top are you putting on?

Red is attractive and keeping original colors has value.
But I think objectively speaking pearl white has some advantages.
Good choice.
The Charger will Never be Sold... That said, I'm making it mine... It will be a one off when completed.
I've done a lot of Photoshops for people over the years, so when it came time to do my own, I really had to dig into the old brain bucket to come up with something original, that still visually retained Carl Cameron's original design intent of a Sport/Luxury Vehicle.

Looks like it has the holes for vinyl top trim. What kind of top are you putting on?
The Charger was originally a White Hat Special and it will stay that way. The old top was Black of course, but the new one will be White, or possibly even a Pearl White? I'll be making that decision very soon.
That Charger is also a Birthday Charger, so I designed my own personal Birthday Stripe to run along the top of the rockers. Complete with a Knight riding his Charger, the namesake of the vehicle. That was actually the hardest part; I haven't had to physically draw anything in well over 40 years.
The Birthday Stripe, as well as all of the Hand Painted Pin Striping was painted on the already painted & cleared chassis, then buried in Clear again.
IMG_3699s.jpg

IMGP22014.jpg

Last edited:
Thank You Brother!
The White looks fairly opaque in the pic's above, but in reality it really shines, especially in the light.
IMG_3644.JPG

I love it, what products are you using to re dye the interior pieces?

Very, very, nice.
I also put a 66 console I my white hat special, love it.
Mine has the pearl white top. It looks awesome. But it is very, pearly, I guess you'd say. You may want to see if you can get a sample to put next to your white paint, (tri stage?). I have a bright Lexus pearl on my other car, hard to say what that combo would look like.

I love it, what products are you using to re dye the interior pieces?
SEM Products... Soaps & Preps, followed by SEM Mystic White for a base to cover the black. Then SEM Ranger White for the final Off White tone needed. I am recovering the original black interior door panels with an Off White vinyl, so I needed to match the color of that vinyl as close as possible. After that everything gets dusted with Pearl from Herbs, which is the same as OER.
I personally like the Pearl from Yearone the best, but they couldn't supply me with the quantity I needed at the time.

This is a shot of the Off White vinyl held against one of the painted plastic interior pieces. They were each dusted with pearl for an even comparison.
The silvery white seen in the background on this test panel is the Mystic White base color.
IMG_5197.JPG

Last edited:
New Vinyl Top arrived the other day. :thumbsup:
I'm not really looking forward to putting it on by myself, but it is what it is.

Top n Bottom.jpg

Last edited:
Started work restoring my dash today. It had quite a bit of rust on it, so I stripped it down, then ground & polished as much of the rust off as I could without physically grinding through to the other side.
:lol:
Then I threw some white primer on it. I'll let that dry for a bit before moving forward.

IMG_5475.JPG

IMG_5487.JPG
IMG_5489.JPG
IMG_5496.JPG
IMG_5497.JPG

Finished the work on the dash and got it painted up this morning. After that I cleaned and repainted the steering column.

IMGP2705.jpg
IMG_5509.JPG

Started working on recovering the old black interior panels to match the new interior. I've only started the one at the moment.
Never done this before, so I'm being cautious, taking my time, so as not to screw it up to bad. :lol:

IMGP2706.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back