• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lathe job

steve from staten island

Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
Any machinist's out there looking to make some money doing a small machining job?
I have a broken drill press spindle pulley. Its a 15/16 bore 3 step and all I can find is a 1'' bore pulley. I took up the difference with shim stock but thats a half assed way. I need a sleeve ( maybe a 1 1/4 long) to take up the difference. Brass would be fine. I would send you the old pulley to measure as well as the new pulley. If your interested drop me a PM .
Its a old Atlas bench top and I cant find a pulley anywhere to fit......Thanks

Ebay ?? I've found a lot of old tool parts there.

You could buy a 1" bushing, press it into the pulley then hone it to 15/16. I think making a 1/32 thick bushing out of anything is going to be tough.

Send me some pic's and I'll see if I can help!

You could buy a 1" bushing, press it into the pulley then hone it to 15/16. I think making a 1/32 thick bushing out of anything is going to be tough.

A wheel cylinder hone would probably do a nice job of honing it out.

You may be able to find a plastic bushing at the hardware store or Lowes. Bridgeport mills used a plastic bushing on their variable speed pulley about the same size for a while.

Auto Transport Service
Back