• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LCA... A body Vs B body

Nacho-RT74

Local time
9:06 AM
Reaction score
Ok... this has being really confusing... How can I tell the difference between these LCA ? Of course I'm talking about 66-72 B body LCAs and all A bodies.

Are they REALLY different ? I have seen two kinds VISUALLY diff ( not measuring ) and is just about the Shock Absorver support

I don't know If I have seen maybe 2 or 3 models with this area diff.

Maybe a year difference ? or model difference ? or both ?

There are many differences A,B,C,E,F body and if it has a factory swaybar or not... as with the upper arms and spindles... and year to year differences some are interchangeable some can be mis matched to gain caster and camber gains... I am not sure of the differences and the combos that will get you the preferred set up for each I just know there is differences.... someone on here does know and it comes from the protouring guys looking for max cornering my self I have not experimented with it

A body LCA is actually longer than B body.

Geometry nightmare?

REALLY? A BODIES ARE LONGER ? I was thought backwards!

- - - Updated - - -

note these for example ( despite the conditions ):

10408810_817885574897695_259931734381520253_n.jpg

which one is for what body?

note the diff on shock absorver attaching point

- - - Updated - - -

Now... if 71 and laters B bodies are wider ( like E bodies )than earliers... what about the Control Arms ?

Rear axles are wider in fact!!!

guys this is a nightmare!!!

B body K Frame is wider.

ok, let's see:

71 and later B bodies are wider than 70 and earliers. But you can interchange K members between them, so is not true lates got a wider K member.

now... Control arms... are they the same ? lot of website acclaims they are... however rear axles are not same width ( laters are 2.5" wider )

now talking about A bodies... of course K members are not the same, B bodies are wider... but Control arms ?

you can see some noticeable differences on the pic I posted.

ok, here is what it comes about my info search:

I have found these:

per seller description, this is a pre 70 B body LCA

index.php

if you notice the shock absorver bolt location, seems to match the top LCA location on first pic posted

then we get PER SELLER ( once again ) description, an earlier A body LCA:

attachment.jpg

if you compare once again the shock absorver bolt location ( and shape ) seems to meet the bottom LCA from the firts pic.

BUT, on first pic bottom seems to be shorter than top one!!! optical ilusion ?

and thats what I have found about LCA itself differences at least and is not clear yet... can't talk about Pivot differences yet as mentioned here.

Top set are 68/69 B body with sway bar. I never saw any like the bottums before on Any B,body?

Just an FYI for those still concerned: The A body LCAs are flat across the bottom, the B body versions are curved.

They say right on them what they are for. There is a stamping. Or just look at them as FrankenDuster says, flat or curved.

Auto Transport Service
Back