• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LCA

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
I bought some lca’s and did the usual, blast, paint, new bushings, new pivot pins and welded in the stiffening plates.

So fast forward to yesterday and my buddy and I are looking at the front wheels, way too much positive camber. I haven’t had an alignment yet, just eyeball till I can get in to the shop.

So I looked at the cam bolts and they are maxed out, can’t bring it in any further. So lm looking at the lca’s and they are for a B body, so I broke down and ordered some new QA1’s for my A body.

I’ll tell ya these A bodies are pain to learn, or I should say, expensive to learn.

Yea If you can't read the VL stamped on the front of the A's sometimes it's hard to tell which are which...

I bought some lca’s and did the usual, blast, paint, new bushings, new pivot pins and welded in the stiffening plates.

So fast forward to yesterday and my buddy and I are looking at the front wheels, way too much positive camber. I haven’t had an alignment yet, just eyeball till I can get in to the shop.

So I looked at the cam bolts and they are maxed out, can’t bring it in any further. So lm looking at the lca’s and they are for a B body, so I broke down and ordered some new QA1’s for my A body.

I’ll tell ya these A bodies are pain to learn, or I should say, expensive to learn.
If you end up wanting to sell those B body lowers, let me know, might be interested

I had no idea of the stamping till yesterday. It’s forever etched in my brain now.

I’m gonna sell them, will contact you when I get them out.

Reminds me of 1970 on a friends 60' Corvette, kingpin replacement at three in the morning at the station where we worked. We were so tired after hammering the old frozen one out and fitting the new bushings, that when we thought we were done, we didn't realize we put the spindle on upside down till we put the tire back on resulting in some real negative camber.

Auto Transport Service
Back