• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf blowing lesson of the day ....

65-440

Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
always blow the leaves in the direction of the wind !!!
My dad went in to make an appt for a physical because he hasn't been feeling well, they rushed him to the ER. Turns out he has 3 major blockages and 1 leaking valve in his heart. I came down to see him and my mom before surgery, which has now been cancelled due to his heart being too weak. They said only 25% is working and that major of a repair might hurt it. They live in NC on a few acres of land, leaves everywhere ! I decided to help them out until I left ( coming back for thanksgiving of course ) ... I fired up the leaf blower and cleared the driveway and yard, and it just so happened to be a breezy day. My thought was the left half went that way and the right half went to that side, HA , boy was I wrong ! The first half was blowing with the wind, other side apparently was against. That sucked big time ! I ended up doing it all over again this morning, the whole yard to one side. Much easier.

So, always blow the leaves in the direction of the wind !!!

Hope your dad has a good recovery. There are days when my butt is dragging and it makes me think about how bad I've abused myself but when I start working out a bit, it doesn't take too long for the dragging butt to go away. And I learned a long time ago to use the wind with a leaf blower lol. Since the wife is gone, I probably won't do a whole lot of leaf blowing anymore. I don't like it when it's solid leaves but it just doesn't bother me that much to have some but she always wanted it to be perfectly clean. The older I get, the less it matters.....

So what are they going to do to him then?

Your story of the leaves reminds me of a song...

Last edited:
I hope your dad comes through it okay. I was doing the leaves thing the other day and my wife came out and said, " Hey honey,...what cha doing? Stop that. You know we live in rural Vermont right? Nobody cares if we have leaves in the yard." I agreed and went to the garage to work on the Express.:lol:

04452F8C-C55A-4FB5-A9D9-CE6A1FB69754.jpeg
I usually rake them into piles load the wheel barrell and off to the fire pit, giving the little guy a ride along the way.

65 - 440 , I hope & pray your dad gets strong enough to get fixed back up.
Really made me take notice reading your post.
This past July my wife { 63 } had the same report, 3 blockages { turned out to be 4 } and a damaged valve to repair. She ended up having surgery and all came out ok.
Her only clue was she was tired more than usual when working.
I am pulling for you guys.

As a construction worker, I have learned a similar lesson. Sometimes a toilet isn't around so I piss outside. I suggest pissing WITH the wind instead of against it.
Good luck with your Pop.

best wishes, on a full speedy recovery for your dad.
as far as leaves, i cant wait till they dry (been raining almost every day), and neighbor flanders is out. im going to blow his leaves off his 80' maple weed tree back in his yard

Hope you Dad pulls through. Reminds me of what my Dad always said about the leaves. "God put those leaves there, and he will take them away when he is good and ready."

They sent him home today with a bunch of meds, he'll go back in 2 weeks for another test. If his heart function improves then they'll do the surgery. If no change they'll need to look at other options. Until this point he's been living life as usual, he's always on his feet doing something. Can never sit still, the last few weeks he's been very tired. Feet aching, and minor chest pains. Assumed it was heartburn. And, he's only 59 ! But he's a stubborn bastard, been smoking since he was 9. Hopefully he'll quit after this crap. Thanks for the thoughts and wishes. And under no circumstance is anyone to be pissing against the wind !!

I had bad hip joints so I bought this vacuum unit. I have half an acre to take care of with seven trees I have a lot of leaves. I bought this Cyclone rake maybe fifteen years ago, and it takes me maybe two hours to clean up the whole lawn and flower beds. Take my advice this is a well-built machine and it has been dependable. There is one made with a steel sided collection unit, but It looks hard to store. So I recommend this unit.

I hope your dad get better soon,
I know it all too well, it's tough...
I hope they can do a stint or bypass {whatever}
& help to extend his quality of life...

I hope your dad is doing well and can get that operation soon. There is so much that can be done medically in todays day and age. As hard as it may be, he has to give up those smokes. Hope Thanksgiving is a good one for your family

best wishes, on a full speedy recovery for your dad.
as far as leaves, i cant wait till they dry (been raining almost every day), and neighbor flanders is out. im going to blow his leaves off his 80' maple weed tree back in his yard
deed is done. semi large mountain of leaves relocated.
i hope he enjoys them.

Here's a customer of mine. Tony is one of those "more power" kinda guys. He used a grain dryer blower and modded the rest.

always blow the leaves in the direction of the wind !!!
My dad went in to make an appt for a physical because he hasn't been feeling well, they rushed him to the ER. Turns out he has 3 major blockages and 1 leaking valve in his heart. I came down to see him and my mom before surgery, which has now been cancelled due to his heart being too weak. They said only 25% is working and that major of a repair might hurt it. They live in NC on a few acres of land, leaves everywhere ! I decided to help them out until I left ( coming back for thanksgiving of course ) ... I fired up the leaf blower and cleared the driveway and yard, and it just so happened to be a breezy day. My thought was the left half went that way and the right half went to that side, HA , boy was I wrong ! The first half was blowing with the wind, other side apparently was against. That sucked big time ! I ended up doing it all over again this morning, the whole yard to one side. Much easier.

So, always blow the leaves in the direction of the wind !!!
Dam anybody would know that ! My problem is the wind switching 2-3 times every time i use a leafblower .

I hope your father will be okay. Prayer is always a good thing. I live in the country and have a bunch of 40 year old oak and maple trees all I normally do is mow them so the grass wont die. I put some on the garden too.

My very best wishes to your father for a full recovery back to health @65-440 :thumbsup:

Thanks for the leaf blower tips, but I don't need one anymore.....I cut down the offending trees.....much better now. :D Here's a little song for you...

Auto Transport Service
Back