• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

leaf spring eye

jball1105

Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
The leaf spring eyes on my leaves are different sizes. The passenger side is smaller than drivers side. Is this factory, or do I have mismatched springs? Thanks. I searched and all I found was Super Stock vs. regular leaves.

Yes, there are at least two different sizes. When I ordered springs from ESPO several years ago, I had to measure the eye size. I can't remember the specs, something line 7/8' or 1 1/4 maybe? Someone else will know. Odd that only one would be replaced. A walk through an online catalog like Rock Auto might help, sometimes there's specs in the details.

Im gonna say if they are the same length and the center pin is in the same spot on both springs (front section and rear section are both the same length) your ok. the other thing is bolt size in the bushing and number of leafs in the pack. super stock springs had more leafs on the right spring. if your not concerned with drag racing and if the car sits right use them.

Im gonna say if they are the same length and the center pin is in the same spot on both springs (front section and rear section are both the same length) your ok. the other thing is bolt size in the bushing and number of leafs in the pack. super stock springs had more leafs on the right spring. if your not concerned with drag racing and if the car sits right use them.

No plans to race, and the car sits level so I think I'll stick with the mismatch. Does make me wonder what happened.

Auto Transport Service
Back