• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf Springs for 1969

69SatelliteGuy

Local time
9:58 PM
Reaction score
Will a leaf spring from a '73 charger work for a '69 Satellite? Think it only goes to '72 on B-body.

If I recall correctly those would be a completely different spring than a '69 B body.

So it looks like a yes then, I can use them size wise, but even they list it as '66-'72.

So it looks like a yes then, I can use them size wise, but even they list it as '66-'72.
I'm with ya, but my experience kinda falls off after '71 lol. Hopefully some one who messes with the 70's bees will chime in. My thinking is the weird oval front spring hangers didn't happen until later on...***EDIT*** I checked the old Mopar chassis bible....looks like you are good on some thru '74 and other models thru at least '76 and in some cases '79. You are gonna want to look at that front spring hanger and eye.... if its a plain round bushing, they should bolt right into a '69 or any other "B" back to '65.

Last edited:
The Mopar style XHD springs are a very good spring combo. Be aware there is a left and right spring.

Cool thanks guys! I'm going 6 and 6, police package only. Can't find a real RK so I have to make my own!

If you know what you want, making your own can work great. I built several sets of my own, since my '65 Coronet had the odd 21" front segment main leaf.
I'm pretty sure I had one set of the police springs which I used to make one of my combo's.

Cool thanks guys! I'm going 6 and 6, police package only. Can't find a real RK so I have to make my own!
Doesn't the Police Package have the rear sway bar also? You should do it at the same time.

Doesn't the Police Package have the rear sway bar also? You should do it at the same time.
1969, only LAPD got a rear sway bar, no one else. Even says it in the parts manual. Conveniently, I'm making an LAPD car so yeah I need to find one. The reason I was asking about the years is because a local has two 6 leaf springs but they're from different cars so I wanted to make sure they'd work.

Auto Transport Service
Back