• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf springs

junkpile

Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone used Springs & Things, R/T leaf springs that are pre-arched 1-2" above stock?

I would like to get a set of new springs and I want the back end to sit up without having to use air shocks or helper springs. The stock springs just sit too low. I am leaning toward the 1" arch because I do not want it to be too high. If anyone has pictures that would be a big help.

right now running stock R/T springs with coil over shocks on a 69 charger.

Would you consider lowering the front via torsion bar adjustment to get your rake? I installed new hemi rear leafs under mine then adjusted the torsion bars to get the look I wanted.

St. Louis Spring Co. will make you a set with extra arch. You might want to give them a call. They also offer reasonable prices compared to other suppliers.

I used the 1" over springs from Springs and Things on my 71 Cuda. I was happy with the resulting stance.
The car was a little high after the spring installation but settled down fairly quickly.

090624 cuda 04.jpg

090624 cuda 01.jpg

Would you consider lowering the front via torsion bar adjustment to get your rake? I installed new hemi rear leafs under mine then adjusted the torsion bars to get the look I wanted.

I will not lower the front end on the car. the front sits exactly how I want it to be. I like the car to sit up, not in the weeds.

I would like to see a b-body from the side with the 1" arch springs. Right now my front measures from ground to fender opening at 25-5/8" so want the rear to come up to slightly higher than that. Just not a fan of the lowering a car for street use.

+1 for St Louis Spring. Springs for my 69 RR made to order, ready for pickup the day after I ordered them. Reasonable price. Sorry car not back together yet so no pics.

I’ll have to look back in my paperwork but I think I have the heavy duty ones that lifted the back end about an inch over stock. I was happy with the new stance.

front has P22560 15 tires and measures 25 1/2”

rear has P27560 15 tires and measures 27 3/4”

this car has had no torsion bar adjustments and was a 318 car.

696B6810-2362-4D76-9E8F-761810E71EA6.jpeg

Last edited:
I will not lower the front end on the car. the front sits exactly how I want it to be. I like the car to sit up, not in the weeds.
Not in the weeds but probably lower in the rear than you are looking for. I have a 7 quart Milodon oil pan and its never been a problem. It has Hemi (one extra leaf on each side) springs under the rear and I adjusted the front torsion bars to my liking and it rides as well as a new Cadillac. Not the best photo for a profile but the car has a noticeable yet subtle rake.
IMG_0267[110].jpg

Last edited:
Can i ask what they charged with shipping ?? Thx

$146.45 a side, not including tax, front bushing installed, painted black. No shipping as I am local them and picked them up. It's funny, when supplies started getting tight this summer I figured I better order a set and hope they get built before I pull things apart for winter. After I called in my order, the owner called me the next day that they were ready. I'm surprised they weren't still hot when I picked them up. Mine are OEM stock specs with OEM style mounting hardware on both ends and I measure just under 25 inches from bottom center of wheel opening to the ground. Car looks to sit nice, but I have since taken the front end apart so no comparison pictures.

I used the Springs & Things heavy duty +2 inch springs, they seem to work okay with standard length shocks. If I were to do it again I'd probably use +1 inch springs.

20190815_160013.jpg

I went the opposite since I mini tubbed mine with 30" tall tires. I went with -1" lowering split mono leafs moved in board to keep it low.

123_1(1) (1).jpeg 20211020_193534.jpg 20210915_171016.jpg

Requested a quote from springs and things and St louis spring....thanks everyone.

I have been struggling with deciding on springs and this gives me some other options

Not in the weeds but probably lower in the rear than you are looking for. I have a 7 quart Milodon oil pan and its never been a problem. It has Hemi (one extra leaf on each side) springs under the rear and I adjusted the front torsion bars to my liking and it rides as well as a new Cadillac. Not the best photo for a profile but the car has a noticeable yet subtle rake.
View attachment 1237563

Nice, Where did you get your leafs from.? Do you recommend them? Cost? 69 GTXlooking at Hemi leafs.

Auto Transport Service
Back