• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

leafspring relocation

catloger

Local time
5:58 AM
Reaction score
installing us car tool kit front hanger. I need some advice before welding does this look right ?
003.jpg
005.jpg
003.jpg
005.jpg

Yes, when you run the bolts through that's where it needs to be.Mine did overhang a little more to one side then the other like yours is.

thank you Dan 64, that was my concern. I have a question about using super stock springs with this set up. The car is a 64 Belvedere, do I have to drill a set of spring mounting holes further back?

Looks good, run a string right through the middle to where the rear spring mount will be. This will ensure its straight.

Mine are uscartool, maybe they have a big tolerance for length and figure we would cut off the rest.

Mine are US Car Tool !! Ah, maybe they just sent you the wrong ones ;-)

Mine where real long also ( for a 64 dodge) i just cut them down a little . Yes on the drilling 1" back. I drilled mine between the bottom and middle hole . Car sits somewhat high with them drilled there and i'm using 002/003 ss springs but it's running 29.5 tall rear cheater slick so it worked out. Mine where long like yours not Stantons ,i bought them about 5 months ago. Maybe they changed them to longer to fit more applications ?.

I bought them in June so maybe they are longer now, I'll just trim a little off. I sure appreciate the response helps to have feedback.

Auto Transport Service
Back