• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leak Repair Epoxy

Dibbons

Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
I am thinking about investing in a gasoline tank repair epoxy for a power steering reservoir. When I was cleaning it up, I noticed a very, very small damp spot along the joint of the tall part of the reservoir where it enters the "main" tank below. I figure just a dot of this epoxy stuff will remove any doubts whether the seam there has a small defect or if it was just my imagination playing tricks on me.

For some reason, the Ebay advertisement for the Permatex product shows two photos, one of the product and one of Spock. Maybe a Star Trek fan selling the stuff? Or did he spill some Permatex on his fingers?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Tank-...456863&hash=item4b6e4d7838:g:HYYAAOSwQGpe3cLa

fuel tank repair.jpg spock.jpg

That's gonna look like crap. How about soldering it ??

It's just a spot about the size of a dime on the inside, won't be seen. Solder is another option.

Auto Transport Service
Back