• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Least Optioned GTX

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
68 GTX Hill
My brother in laws friend inherited this GTX, his father bought new.

And........
He has no interest in it and want's to sell it.
Has 150K + miles and has not run for 20 or more years.
Had two offers from 2 neighbors @ $8 & 10K
Thinks he can get $20.
He was here last week, lives near by, looked at my cars/collection and did not take a single picture. No comment RC.....LOL
Personality = Hard to deal with, a penny pincher.

The problem is this; you’re going to put 70 grand into it to bring it back. No way it’s worth 20K.

I have the least optioned Charger built! It's a real stripped down model!

20200809_103403.jpg

That's exactly what I told him. And he has no mechanical skills.

For what it would cost to restore that car, you'd be better off spending the big bucks and get this instead.

1655744867810.png

Any pics under the hood? I like the dealer add on air. I also like the color combo. My first mopar was a 68 GTX.

Last edited:
@FU64RY - What’s under the hood? If it retains it’s born with engine and trans, air cleaner, etc it has value. It looks like outdoor storage, any indication of what level of rust it has? Big block ‘core’ cars are $15k all day if they have a lot of original parts and the rust isn’t everywhere. Column shift won’t help it but adding a console won’t hurt it either. Is this in PA near us?

@FU64RY - What’s under the hood? If it retains it’s born with engine and trans, air cleaner, etc it has value. It looks like outdoor storage, any indication of what level of rust it has? Big block ‘core’ cars are $15k all day if they have a lot of original parts and the rust isn’t everywhere. Column shift won’t help it but adding a console won’t hurt it either. Is this in PA near us?
I just posted it for kicks and giggles. Not trying to promote for him, I have no other information. Sorry.

Pretty complete looking 68,
It would be a good start , looks like that one was never day two converted.
Let us know when it sells if you hear the end price.

Those are the good cars to find alright. Too bad the owner doesn't honour his father's history a bit more.

Auto Transport Service
Back