• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LED cluster conversion lighting

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
Hey gents, I upgraded all my cluster lighting to LED’s. Much brighter than the old incandescents. All worked well until I mounted the dadh back together. I dont have my ignition light or my right turn indicator anymore. I figure its a ground issue but wondering if anyone has done this conversion with the stock flashers.

Thanks for choosing MF Airlines we know you have other choices......

614CC084-DE41-442C-9C4D-80741C4DE6FE.jpeg 45D483F2-C64F-4644-BA52-93F2A6F404EB.jpeg

I have done this conversion to a few cars 70 mustang 71 gto 71 Chevell and my 72 charger that I just installed in my dash/ cluster which is out of the car.as far as the turn signal sounds like two problems a ground which you pointed out and install a heavy duty flasher.

As far as ignition light what do you mean is it actually ignition light or gen / alt light what are you working on

I have done this conversion to a few cars 70 mustang 71 gto 71 Chevell and my 72 charger that I just installed in my dash/ cluster which is out of the car.as far as the turn signal sounds like two problems a ground which you pointed out and install a heavy duty flasher.
What does a heavy duty flasher do for you? I would assume the LED’s draw less current than the incandescent stock bulbs.

As far as ignition light what do you mean is it actually ignition light or gen / alt light what are you working on
Ignition light does not come on during start up.

I am not exactly sure why that works that is what I found to be the solution. Stand by on ignition light.what year and model of car.

1970 Sport Satellite!

What does a heavy duty flasher do for you? I would assume the LED’s draw less current than the incandescent stock bulbs.
Yes, they draw less current. That's why you need a new electronic type flasher. The old kind relies on lots of current going through it to flash properly - ever have a signal light burn out and then the flasher blinks way too fast?

Do you have idiot light for alt or gauge.i am looking for my wiring diagram
My fuel and temp gauges are out. I installed the solid state voltage limiter regulator but still are both out. I did burnish all the contacts for each bulb socket. The ignition dummy light was working prior to bulb replacement so I thinkbthats a ground issue with the socket.

Yes, they draw less current. That's why you need a new electronic type flasher. The old kind relies on lots of current going through it to flash properly - ever have a signal light burn out and then the flasher blinks way too fast?
Thats the answer I was looking for thanks!!!

Are all flshers sold today “heavy duty” or is it special? The one I have I believe is the original as it was made in the USA! Lol

mopar friend, looks like you are moving right along with your project keep it up. everything you done sounds great you might have to wear sunglasses at night. i hear the led bulbs are pretty bright. as for the ground problem this is a guess did you check your dimmer switch. had one that had a dead spot and cause the dash to go dark or real bright just a thought. good luck

mopar friend, looks like you are moving right along with your project keep it up. everything you done sounds great you might have to wear sunglasses at night. i hear the led bulbs are pretty bright. as for the ground problem this is a guess did you check your dimmer switch. had one that had a dead spot and cause the dash to go dark or real bright just a thought. good luck
Oh man I know I have weak ir even dead spots in that crusty dimmer! AND I didn’t think to move it about. I will try that tomorrow!

Thanks xp I have the same issue half flash lol! I will pick up these flashers!
Awesome, just double check that they’ll fit your application. I didn’t verify they’ll be right!

Auto Transport Service
Back