• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Led headlights and hideaway's

Grant Ratchet

Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
Anybody do the plug and play LED headlights with hideaways? I would like to do it but wondering if that matters at all. I've read with turn signals and taillights it can be an issue to work properly with LEDs.

You will need a electronic flasher it doesn’t use resistance to time flashing, they have a ground strap but install like a regular flasher other then that

My led tail lights I made they flash light mustang tail lights

30D0EDA5-60E8-478F-BA81-FC0ADAF17EE2.png B68BA3DE-A117-4583-9DF9-2E13B008D05C.jpeg

I don't know what could be the difference on headlights between hideaways and regular grilles to get the need to specify the grill setup. Is the same for all.

( and here I would add the shruggy icon too LOL )

Just keep in mind that LED conversion headlights are not DOT approved, you may want to check local regs unless you like talking to law enforcement.

Mark

I don't think this is necessarily true, I just googled it and found a number that say they are DOT approved.

You can use LED lights as a complete assembly, ie the entire bulb and reflector asmb, but not a "cartridge" style bulb and separate reflector/housing.

Mark

Last edited:
Anybody do the plug and play LED headlights with hideaways? I would like to do it but wondering if that matters at all. I've read with turn signals and taillights it can be an issue to work properly with LEDs.
The LEDs need the load resistor added to the low beams. Otherwise the headlight relay has no resistance to let it know the lights are off.

The LEDs need the load resistor added to the low beams. Otherwise the headlight relay has no resistance to let it know the lights are off.
Once again...

FALSE.

There is no any kind of "resistance sense" on the hideaways system. The hideaways relay and motor will work even without headlights conected.

Already discussed in the past, and explained with details by other member ( not me ) after we discussed about the same deal with you, on a video he made and posted here.

I think it was @Paul_G who made the video. He even checked the hideaways system working without headlights connected per my request, because I don't have any hideaways system to check and prove to you! But he is a 72 topper owner who got factory hideaways

EDITING...

amd check reply #5. 67 Charger with led H4 conversion.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back