• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Led tail light bulbs 67 Gtx

Jc cooper

Second gear fun!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a recommendations on Proper LED taillight bulbs for 67 Gtx complete Resto but idiots nearly run into me at turns need leds that are super bright straight to the rear ! Hellpp

Last edited:
I highly recommend a third brake lamp. Hella makes some nice ones.
Mike

Received the bulbs yesterday. They appear to be relatively well-made though not as heavy as I thought they would be. They arrived packed a little loose in the box and one had a small dent in the base (no problem).

Bottom line guys the bulbs work beautifully, tremendous improvement over stock bulbs, BUT (not unexpectedly) my turn signals would not work at all with them (I also don’t have the front blinker lights connected right now, so that may be compounding the problem). So for now these go back in the glovebox.

The pictures below show the brake light before and after. The difference between brake light and running light is also very pronounced.

For my particular car, the tail light lenses don’t quite match up, and I have an aftermarket bulb holder on the driver side, yet with the lights on they nearly matched with a nice bold red you see below. (Anybody have an NOS passenger side lens for me?)

I’ll repost here again when I get some solid state flashers. Anybody have a suggestion where I could get some good ones?

4FCB760C-852C-4269-9D9D-4557075097E2.jpeg 28647888-D87F-41C1-85DC-E669A4BC2A71.jpeg 35604177-BA05-48B0-8072-ED464F5B1D18.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought GE LED 1157 replacements at local Advance auto for $20 a pair.

Kind of hard to push and twist but once in they are in good.

Almost twice as bright.

Claiming victory.

I haven't tried the flashers/signals.

What happens if the OEM flasher is used?

Man, I love sequential indicators.

I'd love to see them on 66/67 or 73/74 Chargers.

Bought GE LED 1157 replacements at local Advance auto for $20 a pair.

Kind of hard to push and twist but once in they are in good.

Almost twice as bright.

Claiming victory.

I haven't tried the flashers/signals.

What happens if the OEM flasher is used?

Man, I love sequential indicators.

I'd love to see them on 66/67 or 73/74 Chargers.

it will flash fast or not at all get 2 no load flashers and replace you old ones with them all will work as normal

The one in the amazon link kind of says it flashes fast (or it's oddly worded).

I'd rather have a "normal" flash rate.

What if my front turn signal bulbs are still incandescent?

The one in the amazon link kind of says it flashes fast (or it's oddly worded).

I'd rather have a "normal" flash rate.

What if my front turn signal bulbs are still incandescent?
I am alright with the flash rate and I think it will be OK with some incandescents. It would depend on flasher design load. That info is probably on the flasher housing.
Mike

I am alright with the flash rate and I think it will be OK with some incandescents. It would depend on flasher design load. That info is probably on the flasher housing.
Mike

a no load flasher will flash as normal with any bulb ,they use a load flasher with old style bulbs so when a bulb becomes open [ blown ] the flash rate will be fast to let the driver know there is a problem.

Received and installed plasma leds from west coast classic today and super bright and no blinker problem with correct bulbs in the frt ,thanks guys great heads up , bought 6 reds and very happy,

Received and installed plasma leds from west coast classic today and super bright and no blinker problem with correct bulbs in the frt ,thanks guys great heads up , bought 6 reds and very happy,

We need pics JC.

Pre-1969 B bodies used 1034 bulbs for the tail/brake lights, and apparently the above-mentioned companies don't offer a replacement for it. In '69 Ma Mopar changed to the 1157. So does anyone make a replacement for the 1034?

Auto Transport Service
Back